SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast stafflollipopsfront deskwet barearly checkarcher roadsleeper sofaoatmealfree breakfastconvenient locationmini fridgenice place to stayexercise roomshuttle servicesitting areashands hospitalthe hotel is clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Location is very convenient right off I-75. Spring Hill Suites give you a very generous sized room with sofa, writng desk, fridge, microwave and a large screen tv that swivals for bedroom or sitting room viewing. The staff was helpful with store and restaurant info. The air conditioners are the floor model type but are controlled by thermostat in the room so the temp is measured and controlled in the room rather than at the a/c unit itself. The hotel "Market" is a nice convenience - bag of microwave popcorn is $1. Did not use the pool but did try the continental breakfast which is very good. I would certainly stay there again. I am a bit of a Marriott property fan.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. We are glad that your had a great stay and if we can doing anything for you in the future please let us know.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stayed here to attend a wedding and some business on the side. This is a standard Springhill Suites. This concept is not as spacious or as nice as the Residence Inn Concept, but these rooms have more space than a Courtyard. If you are travelling with children, this is a good hotel to stay in. Relatively new. The room was spacious enough, furniture in good condition. Beds were adequate. They don't have LCD TVs in their rooms yet. They AC was EXTREMELY Loud. That aspect made me wonder if I was at a Super 8. The breakfast was standard..continental with some eggs and waffles. The hotel smelled a bit like smoke, but there were some brush fires going on at the time, which could explain the smell. Overall, for the price, this is not a bad deal.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ufrc75
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Property. We take all reviews very seriously so that we can make our guest experience as enjoyable as possible.
We are in the process of getting ready to change out all our TV's to brand new LCD TV's, in every room. This will be completed by the end of July.
If there is anything we can do in the future please give us a call.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

We stopped off for the night on our way back to Ohio. We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. It had 2 double beds and a living room area. Very clean and quiet. The breakfast was pretty good but definitely not fine dining. What can you expect from a hotel? The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all comments about our hotel seriously. I know that there are many choices when you pull off the road and we are pleased that you choose the Springhill Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and if we can do anything to make your future stay with us more enjoyable please let us know.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

We were very happy with our win on Priceline! Priceline has it rated at 2.5, but I would rate it a 3 on their scale. Checking in early was no problem for the friendly front desk clerk. In fact, we had a choice of floors. It was Easter weekend, & possibly not as busy as other weekends, altho there was a female college softball game & many of the Alabama players stayed here.
The location was great, right off I-75, with many restaurants & bank atm’s close by. Also convienient to the U of F.
Springhill is under the Marriott umbrella & is comparable to a Hampton Inn or Hyatt Suites
We loved our room & our king size bed, which we found comfy. Nice kitchenette for anyone staying a few days. Everything was clean. No complaints on that! I do wish there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom, but we have noticed that many hotels are without them these days. There were no hand towels, but 3 extra washclothes by the sink. We used these, but we could have always called for towels & I am sure we would have been accomadated. We just thought it was odd, but not a big deal.
We didn’t have any noise problems at all. I’m not sure if we had guests on either side, but if so, very quiet. Never heard any noise from I-75 either.
We usually bring our own wine with us & we poured in our room & took them to the pool area for a relaxing evening. We didn’t swim, but the water looked nice & clean. There were 2 rafts that I wasn’t certain if they are supplied by the Hotel or a guest left them, but they did look inviting. Also lots of towels by the door & a cannister to throw your wet towels in. I appreciated the security of having to use your key to enter the Hotel & the pool area.
There is a nice complementary breakfast included, with many enjoying their fresh waffles.There are plenty of choices including scrambled eggs, toast, muffins & sweet rolls, yogurt, cereals & lots of good fresh coffee. I wasn’t quite sure why others complained about the breakfast, but I find that if something is free, I treat it as a gift.

Room Tip: I always bid on Priceline after doing research.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all comments about our hotel seriously. I am very please that you had an enjoyable stay with us. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

This is a new, very clean property in Gainesville. This should be a 4 (not 3) star place, but a few minor annoyances, which I brought to management's attention, discounted the rating. I am hopeful that they will fix them, as I'd love to go back. The rooms are spotless and the staff is willing. The Springhill layout is very nice, with a work/living room "nook" and very comfortable beds. The small dings were for little things: both treadmills in the workout room didn't work, which was a bummer. The staff didn't know how to fix them. There was only one wastebasket in the room, which was annoying to try to find early in the am with family asleep. (None in bathroom and none near sink.) There is no bathroom fan, which would have been nice. Finally, there is a very nice walk-in closet, which would have been a great dressing room (traveling with teenager, it would have helped), but there was no light in it, so I fumbled around. All of these things would be easy to fix and I'm amazed that Marriott, with its market research and attention to detail, didn't have these things nailed. Anyhow, by the time you get there, I hope the exercise room will be working and there will be waste baskets in the room... I realize these points sound picky, but in the aggregate they were annoying and, fixed, they really would have helped on this trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chris32137
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to Review our Hotel. We take all Comments very seriously so that we can make sure that everyone has a comfortable stay with us.
I would like to Apologize for some of the diffucults that you did happen to run into during your stay. Both trend mills are now in working condition and I will be passing ur other comment along to our Housekeeping Manager, and Engineering Manger to see what we can do, to fix some of these little annoying issues.
PLease contact me if you have any questions or if your are in the gainesville area so that we can make you next stay as comfortable as possible.