“I can't wait to go back!!!”

Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation
Ranked #8 of 65 things to do in Gainesville
More attraction details
Owner description: Not for profit exotic animal rescue and endangered species animal park and breeding center. Large beautiful nature park with 28 species, over 75 animals including big cat feeding demonstrations.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I can't wait to go back!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It is a truly unique experience to not only see the animals up close, but to hear them roar as you walk the grounds. The animals are kept in xlarge enclosures with plenty of room to roam and play. I can't wait to go back with my 2 & 4 year old nieces, so they can experience this wonderful facility. I would tell everyone to go visit Carson Springs!

1 Thank Taysmomm

Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must visit! Great animals, great people, great experience!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This place is amazing! I have been here about six times and it never gets old. This place has truly blossomed into an amazing sanctuary for wild animals. I went about 5 years ago and was impressed then with just their panthers, owls, peacocks, bobcats, lynx, and cervils. Just in the past five years they have transformed into a beautiful, clean, educational, sanctuary where bobcats, panthers, cervils, owls, emus, fox, lions, tigers, cheetahs, lemurs, hyenas, giraffes, and many MANY more call home. The animals have such amazing stories that the owner loves to share with visitors. The owner is obviously very passionate about the care of all of the animals. She has joined our tour on numerous occasions to educate us about each animal. The atmosphere, the animals, the volunteers, and the owner have kept me coming back. I love going as often as I can to see what new additions they have. I literally can't say enough about this place. Go, go, go!!! Best of all, all donations go 100% to the animals! A true testament to the dedication to these animals conservation.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cmdgator5
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An amazing time!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This place is a hidden gem. It was fantastic. I went out with my two kids not knowing what to expect and was blown away with how well cared for all the animals are and how friendly everyone was. We were able to see all the wildlife and it was extremely informative. I would not hesitate to return again. The kids also fell in love with the animals and are ready to go visit them again. Definitely worth every penny to enjoy every minute.

2 Thank otoruno
Gainesville, Florida
“The most amazing place on earth !”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I went to Carson Springs early February and what an experience it was. The first thing that struck me has the cleanliness of the entire sanctuary. Every animal cage was spotless and the grounds immaculate. We took a tour with Nicole and she was extremely knowledgable about all the animals and welcoming of our questions. Finally the animals - I have never seen these exotic animals so close up. Lions, tigers, cheetahs, hyenas and many more. Many were rescued from bad situations making Carson's that much more amazing. An absolute must do while in Gainesville!

“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Carson Springs has such a wide variety of animals that are under the best care possible! They are truly dedicated and passionate about each cheetah, lion, tiger, giraffe, lemur, etc. I have learned so much from being there and I especially loved watching the cheetahs running and playing with the pumpkins they enjoy so much. Definitely a must see!

Visited November 2013