“Terrific place to stay!”

Homewood Suites Gainesville
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Brandon, Florida
“Terrific place to stay!”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed here in a two bedroom suite with my two children, and a friend and her daughter. We had more than enough room. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfy! The breakfast in the morning was good, there were plenty of options. The lady working in the dining room named Millie was really nice and kept everything filled up. We even got dinner one night that we were there and it was good. The next night we got there 15 minutes before dinner was over and the pizza was all gone, so I suggest you get there early! Overall, we had a great stay, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Eagmommy
Dustin C, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Gainesville FL property. We love getting feedback from our guest and use it to improve our service and amenities. We hope the next time you visit Gainesville, FL we will be your first choice and if there is anything we can do to better your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

352-225-4760

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed here Monday thru Saturday for a business conference. Hubby went to work, I spent the days here. Very quiet, and clean, everything we needed, including a full breakfast every morning. The staff were all helpful and cooperative and housekeeping was easy to work with. Nice pool. But the best part by far was the ability to have dinner here Mon-Thurs. The food is not gourmet but the woman running the kitchen knocks herself out and the result is a pleasant, nutritious, diverse menu that includes a glass of wine or beer with your meal. We only went out to dinner once and that was Friday night (they serve the evening meal Mon-Thurs.)
For business travel, this is it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cagirl63

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Stayed here for one night and for the most part, very much enjoyed the stay. Room was neat and clean. Curiously, this is the first kitchenette hotel where the staff leaves all of the dishes in the dishwasher rather than in the cupboards. I suppose if they wash them all after each guest departs, this ensures cleanliness. It just struck me as unusual. The only other negative I could mention is that the walls do not deaden sound well. I could almost tell what channel my neighbor's TV was on, while sitting at my desk.

These are small negatives for a nice hotel. I enjoyed the stay and this hotel would be my first choice for my next stay in Gainesville.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Stayed here one night in a 1 bedroom suite. Took the advice of this forum and got a top floor room. No issues with noise, though we could hear people next door in the morning when out TV was off. Hotel has a light dinner in the evening with complementary beer and wine. A decent breakfast in the morning with hot and cold items. We didn't use it but there was a nice pool area with hot tub and basketball court. This hotel is on the edge of town near I75. Very easy to get to and just a 5 minute drive to UF. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PCBeach

Arnprior, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites in Gainesville for 3 nights while she was in town on a course (Medisca). The close proximity to both the University and to the highway made this location an easy choice. This hotel is very close to a small mall with a number of stores (ie; Target, Old Navy) and a supermarket as well as a wide range of restaurants.

After reading other reviews here on Tripadvisor about the possibility of noise, we called ahead in the morning we were due to arrive and requested a room on the top floor. The representative who answered the phone was more than happy to make the accommodation for us.

Let me begin by saying that the staff at this hotel could not be friendlier. From the front desk to the cleaning staff, everyone we encountered was quick to say hello or to ask how our stay was. They were genuine and attentive, two qualities that are unfortunately rare in the service sector these days. Based on our experience with the staff alone, we would return to this hotel.

The room itself was a decent size with a king-sized bed, full kitchenette and living room. The room was well-appointed, up-to-date, clean and very cozy. When it came to noise levels, we only heard things a few times. Unfortunately, the first night it was an "amorous" couple in the room next door.. but the love birds vacated the nest after the first night. The other instance was with a guy who decided to make use of the basketball court directly below our window at 12:30AM. For the latter, a quick call to the front desk nipped the problem in the bud. Other than this, we didn't hear a peep.

Breakfast was great, with a selection of cold cereals, bread/bagels, waffles, eggs, sausage/bacon, omelets.. etc; etc; etc;. Food was replenished fast, and there was more than ample seating for everyone. The breakfast staff was extremely friendly, and the food was decent.

The pool which, along with the basketball court, was in an open courtyard which the hotel itself surrounded. I never found the pool to be crowded at all, and spent a good amount of time sitting outside reading a book. The pool and surrounding area was meticulously cleaned and there was an ample supply of towels available in the pool area.

I would stay again at the Homewood Suites Gainesville in a heartbeat. When it came time to pack up our bags and leave, we were actually sad to go!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisC1

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I'm a Hilton's Honor Gold member and book Hilton hotels everywhere I go (business or leisure). I usually prefer the Homewood brand as it's like a home away from home.
On this occasion, I booked 3 rooms for family members for a wedding. The night before, I requested an early check-in (1pm) for at least one room so we can put our bags in relax, etc. before the wedding shower. They said it's not guaranteed but will do their best.

Well, of course when we arrived at 1pm, they could not accommodate my request. We waited in the lobby for an hour before we could get 1 room...2 hours for the next and finally at 3:45, got the 3rd room. I was very disappointed.

I learned that rooms were available (1 Bedroom Suites) but they could not help me out because we paid for Studio Suites. What's my Gold status for? I have been a very loyal member to Hilton for many years and they could not help me out on this occasion?

Enough of my venting...now the facts:
- This hotel was clean and well-maintained.
- The front desk staff was not rude but not overly-friendly.
- The walls are very thin (You can hear people walking down the hall. You can hear doors slam as they're being shut. They need to be spring-loaded or something. Constant SLAM after SLAM after SLAM.)
- Ceilings are paper thin. (Heard every step from the room above, unless obviously, you are on the top floor.)
- The breakfast was limited to a few items. (* They did have waffles though, a plus!)
- Breakfast staff was very friendly.

I will not be returning to this hotel on any future visits to Gainesville, due the fact of the noise level in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dillonguy4

palm bay, fl
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel because we were in town for my daughter to have surgery at Shands (UF Hospital).

The hotel was very clean, the staff friendly. The location is great - next to everything. You won't be bored many stores and restaurants.

The hotel does offer breakfast in the morning and light dinner at night included in the price of room. Great Deal!

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family