I'm a Hilton's Honor Gold member and book Hilton hotels everywhere I go (business or leisure). I usually prefer the Homewood brand as it's like a home away from home.
On this occasion, I booked 3 rooms for family members for a wedding. The night before, I requested an early check-in (1pm) for at least one room so we can put our bags in relax, etc. before the wedding shower. They said it's not guaranteed but will do their best.
Well, of course when we arrived at 1pm, they could not accommodate my request. We waited in the lobby for an hour before we could get 1 room...2 hours for the next and finally at 3:45, got the 3rd room. I was very disappointed.
I learned that rooms were available (1 Bedroom Suites) but they could not help me out because we paid for Studio Suites. What's my Gold status for? I have been a very loyal member to Hilton for many years and they could not help me out on this occasion?
Enough of my venting...now the facts:
- This hotel was clean and well-maintained.
- The front desk staff was not rude but not overly-friendly.
- The walls are very thin (You can hear people walking down the hall. You can hear doors slam as they're being shut. They need to be spring-loaded or something. Constant SLAM after SLAM after SLAM.)
- Ceilings are paper thin. (Heard every step from the room above, unless obviously, you are on the top floor.)
- The breakfast was limited to a few items. (* They did have waffles though, a plus!)
- Breakfast staff was very friendly.
I will not be returning to this hotel on any future visits to Gainesville, due the fact of the noise level in the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel in Florida is an upscale, all-suite hotel situated off I-75 at Exit 384 not far from the University of Florida. We are conveniently located in Gainesville's popular restaurant row area, where guests will find excellent dining options and a variety of other local tourist attractions nearby. The Homewood Suites Gainesville hotel features 103 suites, including 11 two-room and 46 one-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas, along with 46 studios. Each of our spacious suites offers all the comforts of home and a great range of amenities that you deserve for a short or extended stay in Gainesville, including: * Fully-equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker * Two televisions * DVD player * Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access * Two phones with data ports * Iron, ironing board and hair dryer. Join us for excellent guest accommodations and quality temporary housing. Our professional and friendly staff is available 24-hours a day to make sure you have a splendid stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel. Make Yourself at Home!® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Homewood Gainesville
- Gainesville Homewood Suites