Let's make this easy with a list.
--First rooms smelled strongly of dirty mop water and old cigarette smoke.
--Broken window locks in the bottom floor room.
--Upholstered furniture in rooms and curtains dirty, dusty.
--Caked dirt along baseboards in all three rooms.
--Old food under dining table.
--Mold in tub area around drain and controls
--Sticky handprints on closet door
--Iron surface sticky and brown
--Ironing board cover filthy
--Gunk on refrigerator and microwave door handles
--Outside trash receptacles and ashtrays overflowing in morning and through mid-afternoon on all four days
--Lobby area elevator dirty inside: walls, push panel, floor.
--Poor construction: insufficient insulation between floors. If you're not on the top floor, you'll hear everything that moves on the floor above.
--A/c incredibly loud. Large panel unsecured: filter inside disgustingly dirty.
--Housekeeping disregarded DND sign. Four days running.
The only Homewood Suites in Florida that's equally bad is located in Tallahassee. And not coincidentally, owned by the same franchisee.
Much better experience with the Hampton across Archer Road or even better, the incredibly wonderful Hampton in Ocala off SR 200.
This place has been a disappointment since prior to 2010.
But when you have to stay in Gainesville, it's usually the last to fill up.
Unless you're willing to chance staying at the Bambi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel in Florida is an upscale, all-suite hotel situated off I-75 at Exit 384 not far from the University of Florida. We are conveniently located in Gainesville's popular restaurant row area, where guests will find excellent dining options and a variety of other local tourist attractions nearby. The Homewood Suites Gainesville hotel features 103 suites, including 11 two-room and 46 one-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas, along with 46 studios. Each of our spacious suites offers all the comforts of home and a great range of amenities that you deserve for a short or extended stay in Gainesville, including: * Fully-equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker * Two televisions * DVD player * Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access * Two phones with data ports * Iron, ironing board and hair dryer. Join us for excellent guest accommodations and quality temporary housing. Our professional and friendly staff is available 24-hours a day to make sure you have a splendid stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel. Make Yourself at Home!® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Homewood Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Homewood Gainesville
- Gainesville Homewood Suites