“Business”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Yulee Florida, United States
“Business”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice hotel, but lacks in the housekeeping department and hotel is a little dated and fixtures that do not work. Have one employee at breakfast that is great. Very friendly person and will bend over backwards to help you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Charles W, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review here on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize that the condition of our guest suites did not meet you expectations of what you come to expect from a Hilton branded hotel. We recently had a full renovation in 2013, if you care to share more details on exactly wasn't satisfactory I would love to hear it. I am glad to know that our breakfast attendant exceeded your expectations and provided exceptional service. We strive to provide outstanding service with clean and comfortable accommodations to each of our guests, every stay. Again, thank you for your time

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2014

A nice hotel and a good value. The location was excellent, near the expressway and resturaunts. The breakfast staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The rest of the staff could use some polish. A little noisy in our room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Richard W
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us, whether that feedback is positive or negative with take is very seriously. I am more than pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay but my main concern is with the service inconvenience you experienced. If you care to share more please email me directly at charles.worley@hilton.com. We strive to provide the best accommodations and outstanding service the Gainesville area has to offer. Should you return to the area please contact us directly for reservations at anytime. Thank you again for your time and thank you for choosing Hilton!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We always try to stay at Homewood Suites whenever possible, and have driven 40 miles out of the way to stay in one. Our son introduced us to Homewood Suites about four years ago. We do use Hampton Inn when there is no Homewood Suites within a reasonable distance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property and your recent stay. I more than pleased to know that when traveling you choose the Homewood Suites by Hilton. The brand as a whole is one of Hilton's best brands; from all suites, to full hot breakfast, evening Managers Reception, and all the other aminietes that are included in your rate. You just cannot go wrong with Homewood. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you return to the area please do not heistate to contact us directly for reservations. Thank you!
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at Homewood Suites because it was close to Shands where I had an appointment. I found the staff to be very good, expecially Flower in the breakfast buffet area. She was kind and attentive. The room was beautiful and comfortable and I will be staying there while I undergo treatment at Shands in two weeks and I look forward to it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Charles W, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to write such a great review of our property and staff. Your feedback goes a long way in allowing us to evaluate ourselves from the guest perspective. Also, Flower's hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed, especially when being mentioned by name here on Trip Advisor. Here at Homewood Suites, Gainesville we recognize that traveling to the area to attend Shands may not be the ideal vacation and that is why we strive to provide excellent service and the best accommodations the area has to offer. The last thing we want you to be concerned about is the hotel. I am pleased to know that we are your home away from home when coming to Gainesville, and we look forward to seeing you again in two weeks. Again, thank you for this great review and thank you for choosing Hilton!
Crestview, FL
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Staff is friendly 3-11 male night front desk was great!! *sorry don't recall his name* Everything seemed in good shape until we got to our guestroom; the bathroom door needed cleaned better. There were hairs in the bathtub and on the ledge. I wiped something off the door myself, then a friendly little roach came out from the cracks near the floor/tile. I would typically had asked for another room but it is Florida and was the only one Id seen. Last time me & my family stayed here, had a great experience & very little complaints. Stayed again within the week-next review!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property regarding your recent stay with us here at Homewood Suites, Gainesville. Your feedback plays a vital role in our day to day operations and we take this feedback very seriously. First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We strive to provide the cleanest and comfortable accommodations to each of our guests, every stay. In this case we failed to exceed your expectations. I will be using your survey as a training tool with our housekeeping department today, to help ensure they are paying attention to detail. I am pleased to know that our front desk staffs made you feel at home upon your arrival. The front desk department strives to execute a level of service that not only exceeds your expectations but goes above and beyond the normal arrival experience. If you have any further questions, concerns, or comments please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at anytime. Again, thank you for your time and thank you for choosing Hilton!
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I travel a lot and have stayed at numerous Homewood Suites Hotels on business, sometimes for months on end, so I am familiar with what the chain offers. The Gainesville property dropped the ball on several counts. I don't know whether I just caught them on a bad day, whether the team needs more training, or whether they just don't care about the details.

I stayed for two nights while on business at UF. Check in was fine and quick, and the staff in general were pleasant, especially the employee working on the breakfast service. When I got to my room, was pleased to find the bottles of water and cookies presented by the hotel to me as a Hilton Diamond member. However, the letter accompanying these was addressed to someone else, not me. I looked for a water glass and initially didn't find any, until I looked in the dishwasher, that had not been unloaded. The following day, I came back in the afternoon after my meetings, and found that, while the bed had been made, the bathroom had not been cleaned, the bathmat and towels had not been changed, and the wastebaskets had not been emptied. It was as if the housekeeper had started cleaning the room, got distracted or called away, and never finished the job. When I called down to the front desk to ask about this, I gave the examples of the unchanged towels and un-emptied wastebaskets as signs the room had not been finished. A housekeeper came by fairly quickly and addressed EXACTLY these two items, bringing a change of towels and trash bags, and nothing more. In fact, I had to ask for a new bathmat, (which she did come back again to deliver). The front desk called shortly thereafter to see if I had gotten the towels, then played "blame the customer" by asking if I had had the do not disturb sign on my door during the day. (Obviously I did not if a housekeeper had come in at least to make the bed.)

Other signs of lack of attention to detail included: the alarm clock in the bedroom was set two hours fast. These are those Hilton clocks that do not seem to be adjustable by the individual guest. At the breakfast/dinner area, the only hot beverage cups available the first day and a half of my stay were the ones individually wrapped in plastic that are typically found in the rooms While fine in the rooms and appreciated because they imply good hygiene, the individual plastic wrapping was a time waster and mild nuisance when used in the dining area, especially in the morning rush.

The elevator in this hotel is hidden in an alcove. On the 4th floor, it would have been helpful to have it marked by a sign in the hallway so that guests wouldn't have to rely on memory to find it. I've never had issues with hearing guests in neighboring suites at other Homewood Suites, but this time I did, so either I was unlucky or the walls in this property are thinner than in others.

In short, a sub-standard stay at a chain that is usually extremely solid and reliable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Charles W, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property here on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to evaluate ourselves from the guest perspective, whether that feedback is positive or negative it still plays a vital role in our daily operations. As a valued Hilton Honor's member we work hard to ensure that your benefits ( waters, cookies, and welcome letter) are placed in your suite prior to arrival. However, on high demand days it is not uncommon for us to reassign rooms. Although this is no excuse to why the letter in your suite had the wrong name, I am sure that reassignment was the cause. After, reviewing your response we will not be handing the benefits out directly to guests at check in to prevent this from happening again. The reason the dishwashers are not emptied daily is due to Alachua County Health policies which require us to wash all dishes daily, once they are cleaned we are not allowed to touch them. Each suite has a letter from the Department of Health and Human Services stating their policy. Although this policy is not common in most area's of the country it does provide rest assured sanitation. I will also be reviewing our procedures to cleaning our in house guest suites. We strive to provide outstanding service along with clean and comfortable accommodations to each guests, every stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the lack consistency within our housekeeping department. I would also like to apologize for the issue regarding the coffee cups at breakfast, I take full responsibility for that matter, I mistakenly ordered the individually wrapped cups for breakfast and it did take two days for the normal ones to be delivered. Moving forward I can assure you that will not happen again. if you have any further; questions, concerns, or comments please contact me directly at anytime. Again, thank you for your time and thank you for choosing Hilton!
PENSACOLA, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The pillows were flat and were not worth using. I would take my own pillow next time i visit this location. The personal working the fron dest were not quite as friendly as the personal at the Hilton Garden Inn next door. i stay there on a regular basis and enjoy going there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Roy Suarez:

Thank you for taking time to complete one of our guest surveys regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important, as it allows us to evaluate ourselves from the guest perspective. First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the pillows in your suite. Off hand I would think that maybe you had only down feather pillows, which can be a bit flat. However, we do provide foam pillows as well which seem to be more on the firm side. The front desk would have been more than happy to deliver some to your suite. It is our goal to provide outstanding service with clean and comfortable accommodations to each of our guests, every stay. I personally oversee the desk and consistent high quality of service is very important to me and is something I take serious. I am glad to know that you enjoy your time at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is our sister property here in Gainesville. They do an outstanding job there as well. Should you have any further; questions, concerns, or comments please do not hesitate to let me know directly. Again, thank you for your time and thank you for choosing Hilton!