I often choose to stay at Hilton properties in my travels, due to consistently good service/amenities/value for the price, and this one pretty much met expectations. This property is located right off a major interstate in a college town (U.FL), so I’d consider this more an “on-the-way-through” or utilitarian hotel, rather than a “destination” hotel…know what I mean? It is a block or two off the main drag...far enough that there is no noise problem, but close enough that there are tons of nearby restaurants & shopping, and there’s a grocery store in the plaza at the corner. The rooms are clean/good-sized/comfortable, with good amenities. (Full sized fridge in the kitchenette -- yay!) They are pet-friendly; I saw 3 families walking dogs during my stay, but otherwise I wouldn’t have known they were there. Comp. breakfast was typical buffet-style, with good selection. The only reason I am not giving "Excellent" this visit is I did encounter 2 problems -- 1) business center internet/computer/printer woes, and 2) found food left in the microwave by a previous guest. To be fair, I have never encountered either in my previous Hilton stays, and the desk staff was absolutely super in their response, so the problems were just hiccups in an otherwise "Excellent" stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel in Florida is an upscale, all-suite hotel situated off I-75 at Exit 384 not far from the University of Florida. We are conveniently located in Gainesville's popular restaurant row area, where guests will find excellent dining options and a variety of other local tourist attractions nearby. The Homewood Suites Gainesville hotel features 103 suites, including 11 two-room and 46 one-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas, along with 46 studios. Each of our spacious suites offers all the comforts of home and a great range of amenities that you deserve for a short or extended stay in Gainesville, including: * Fully-equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker * Two televisions * DVD player * Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access * Two phones with data ports * Iron, ironing board and hair dryer. Join us for excellent guest accommodations and quality temporary housing. Our professional and friendly staff is available 24-hours a day to make sure you have a splendid stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Gainesville hotel. Make Yourself at Home!® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Homewood Gainesville
- Gainesville Homewood Suites