“Return visit”

Homewood Suites Gainesville
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have found a really wonderful place to stay while in Gainesville. I have had a few previous stays here, and it just keeps getting better. If every hotel had a staff like this one, there would be no disgruntled travelers.
Everyone is so nice, but I want to pay a special compliment to Kenneth at the front desk, and of course, the assistant GM, Ashlie.
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Manager285, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the Homewood Suites in Gainesville. We are very excited that you have been enjoying your recent stays with us. We appreciate your business and we look forward to all your future trips! Kenneth and Ashlie say thank you for your wonderful comments and they will see you soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Absolutely surprised when we checked in and the evening meal with complimentary beer and wine was still being served. In the morning, the breakfast hostess was absolutely outstanding, really understood the concept of excellent customer service. This wonderful attitude was also displayed by the housekeepers and front desk personnel.

We had never stayed at a Homewood Suites but will certainly do so in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Manager285, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Homewood Suites in Gainesville. We appreciate your feedback . We are very happy that you enjoyed our evening reception and our staff. We look forward to your next visit to Gainesville.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I picked up a business associate and we sat in the breakfast area and ate. Fiorella was in charge the days that we were there, and she was outstanding!! She is the most personable, concerned and caring restaurant employee I've ever seen, regardless of the restaurant.

The hotel overall was excellent also, as were all the employees we encountered, but Fiorella merited a special mention.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff and Fiorella. Our team strives to ensure each and every guest is 100% satisfied. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I reserved a ground floor non-smoking king suite 1 month in advance. Upon arrival a 6:30 we were given a 4th floor smoking studio!! Check in was 4 so I can't believe there was a mass arrival. They basically over booked the place. My sons asthma did not fare well with the bad air.
Desk clerk said there was a soccer tournament and hotel was full.
Breakfast was ravaged by all the soccer moms and kids. No clean dishes or silverware. We were lucky to get a piece of fruit from the so called "full breakfast.I was given $30 off my stay so they knew they were wrong. I was not told of the 100% satisfaction deal or I would have asked for a refund.

Room Tip: I would call ahead to be sure you get the room you reserved . Better yet, go to another hotel. Gaine...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Manager285, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Cwgator64,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites in Gainesville. I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for disturbances you experienced during your recent stay. I have personally met the front desk team and the breakfast staff. We have reviewed your concerns with room types, the flow of breakfast, and most importantly our 100% satisfaction. We appreciate your business and ask that the next time you are in Gainesville you stay with us to see our improvements.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The walls between the rooms are way too thin. You will hear everything that goes on next door word for word -- tv, conversations, the person on the other end of a speaker phone conversation. I'm not a light sleeper, but even I had problems sleeping here. The one bright spot was the night manager on duty during our stay. He was very helpful. The lady that served the breakfast in the morning was a bit creepy though. I get that she was trying to be polite, but she was a bit too loud and intrusive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Manager285, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent trip to Gainesville. We strive hard to up uphold all the standards that Hilton in known for. In an effort to provide a comfortable stay, we will complete the recent renovation on the hotel by the end of this week. I apologize for the noise disturbance you had during your stay. I have shared your feedback with the staff and each staff member is committed to excellent service. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in Gainesville, as we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here so we could tour UF the next day. The hotel was fine, nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary. Check in was quick and efficient and the room was your basic hotel room. The problem we had was the beds. Very uncomfortable beds, we were exhausted and could not get comfortable. Most hotels these days have great beds, not here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Manager285, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our hotel, your feedback is a huge contribution to our overall success. We apologize you found the beds uncomfortable. We are extremely excited about our renovation and new room package which will be finished in February and we hope you can enjoy during your next trip to Gainesville, FL.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hilton properties tend to always have the best service available...but this property must not have received the memo. It didn't bother me that they were under renovation, what bothered me was that the service also seemed to be under renovation. Front desk didn't seem to care that I needed extra towels and wasn't helpful at all about dinner recommendations...cheer up sweetie your getting a paycheck. I overheard a female manager yelling at an employee at the front desk while I ate breakfast...completely unprofessional. I would have walked out if I were her, the manager needs to learn how to treat her employees before she has none. This place is a trainwreck!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil J
Manager285, Manager at Homewood Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the hotel. It is a major priority for each and every staff member to utilize the standards of service that Hilton has established for us, including managers. I understand that this did not happen during your stay, and I would like to apologize for that. We have recently hired some new staff members and we will certainly emphasize the standards that need to be upheld by Hilton. And I can assure you, the current staff will revisit this training as well. Please allow us the opportunity to show you that we can be a great staff in service.