Since the hotel reserved by our Gainseville relatives for a family reunion had a "pet friendly" policy, and we had cat allergies, we needed to find accommodations in Gainesville that were "pet-free." After a little research and some good luck, we discovered Gainesville's Country Inn and Suites.
Upon check-in, we were greeted by a desk clerk who was most accommodating in satisfying our special request for room location, as well as assisting us with lugagge (there is no bellman, but there are three professional-style luggage carts for those guests who are self-sufficient). A cookie jar filled with freshly-baked cookies was a welcoming touch at the front desk for weary travelers.
Our standard room was nicely decorated, and even though there were two comfortable queen beds, desk, chairs, dresser with flat panel tv, fridge, coffeemaker & microwave, the room felt spacious. A closet with mirrored sliding doors was equipped with a safe, plenty of storage space, and wood suit hangers - features you would expect at a four star hotel. The bathroom was nicely outfitted with a large sink/vanity area and a full-size tub/shower combo; the shower rod was curved to give a more roomy feel in the tub area, and the shower curtain had a clear "window" at eye level. Though the toiletry ammenities were quite sufficient, a reminder card in the room informed you to ask for any other toiletries you might have forgotten. Room-darkening draperies blocked any bright lights coming from the parking lot, to allow for a good-night's sleep.
Those travelers requiring more space may book a suite with bedroom, living room and sofabed.
There is a free in-room high-speed internet connection, as well as a complimentary business center on the first floor that is equipped with a computer and color copier/printer/scanner. A small indoor pool off of the lobby area, as well as a small fitness center are also provided to guests.
A good-sized breakfast room with large-screen televsion is the location of the complimentary breakfast offered to guests every morning. A wide selection of juices, beverages, hot and cold cereals, bagels, muffins, danish, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, etc., is served; you will not leave breakfast hungry! A stack of USA Today newspapers is stacked at the entrance to the breakfast room.
Though located immediately off of the interstate, the rooms are quiet. The location is within 1/2 mile of shopping (Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreen's, Albertson's, etc.), as well as at least a dozen restaurants, including a Cracker Barrel adjacent to the Country Inn and Suites; the major mall is only one highway exit to the north. Though not in the immediate area, UF is not far away.
The hotel is very well kept and clean. Though there are really no grounds, there is a small outdoor seating area in front, and a sizeable seating area in the lobby. Since the property is relatively new (opened in summer of 2005), the furnishings are all in very good condition.
Though the rack rates might be slightly higher than other franchise properties in the area, there are promotional rates and affiliation rates, subject to availability. This property is well worth any slight premium, if you are looking for a clean, quiet, reliable place to stay, as well as one which offers perks that many other properties do not.
We will definitely book the Country Inn and Suites for our next trip to Gainesville!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn & Suites is conveniently located next to I-75 right off of exit 384. There are lots of restaurants close by with Cracker Barrel adjacent to the property. CI&S offers free breakfast, free WiFi, 24 hour business center, fitness center and the only indoor heated pool in Gainesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Gainesville
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Country Inn Gainesville
- Gainesville Country Inn