“Loved Gainesville!”

Toronto
“Loved Gainesville!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We travelled to Gainesville for 5 nights April 7-12th

The main reason for our trip was for my niece to write her final paper for her masters in Forensics at the University of Florida. Once we arrived rented a vehicle drove from the airport to the university and from there onto the hotel. Gainesville is so nice & everything is right there.

The University is beautiful. We went to Lake Alice, Butterfly conservatory, St. Augustine outlet mall & Disney Magic Kingdom

Country Inn is located right off the highway. Nice hotel, great staff & you will not disappointed

Gainesville hospitality was over the top!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We were all glad to hear how well your niece did at the University. It was a pleasure speaking with you and helping with directions when we could. We hope you will visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were traveling with my mother, the suite was perfect. Great location right off Rt 75. NMomma said the pull out sofa bed was very comfortable. We would highly recommend this location. The complementary hot breakfast was very good after a great night of rest on such a great mattress....I need one like it at home. Lol We will be staying here in the future for sure!
This is one of the cleanest hotels we have ever had the pleasure of visiting, therefore we will be returning every chance we get to visit the Gainesville ,Florida area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to hear you were so pleased with our property. We Hope to see you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Gainesville Florida this past weekend and did not want to leave. Upon entry they lobby decor certainly gets your attention. So warm, inviting and interesting that you have to stop and take a closer look. The entire hotel was clean from entry to hallways and when we got to our room our jaws dropped. Room was spic and span and the beds were cozy too. The room was very spacious for my family of 5. Breakfast was delicious and all the members of staff were pleasant, polite and such a pleasure to deal with and so willing to answer my questions. A special thanks to Diana and the breakfast staff for making our stay such an enjoyable experience.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for all the wonderful feedback. I always love to hear that our staff is doing there best to make our guests comfortable. I will certainly pass on your thanks and praise. We hope you will stop and stay the next time you're passing through.
Dothan
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was here on a one night stay on business. I arrived Late and had no overbooking hassles like some places. My room was on the sixth floor. The room was clean and orderly. Refrigerator,Microwave and Coffeemaker were nice touch. Staff was quick and friendly. A couple of minutes to get in and out. Breakfast was complimentry and began at 6am as advertised. Quiet as a mouse. Didn't hear anything all night long. This is not the first time I have stayed in this Inn, and will not be the last. Location is excellent. A minute or less off of I75. Fast in and Fast out. Lots of restaraunts and gas stations nearby. Cracker Barrell next door. Business computer area on the ground floor is nice touch, with provision for two persons to use it at one time. Price comparisons may lead you to a cheaper rate somewhere else around, but I have not done so. What they got here is a good value for the money and I don't mind paying up when I am happy with the inn. I don't have the time in my life to be disappointed witih a bad experience when I can prevent it. Go ahead and stay here. Hey I've never lied to you before have I ?

Room Tip: Sixth floor was a winner. Quiet as a Mouse.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for the great review. You mentioned just about all of our amenities besides the indoor heated pool and the fitness room. I hope you get a chance to enjoy these on your next trip. I will suggest you join our loyalty program if you haven't already so that you can start earning points towards a free night stay.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Not a complaint, but simply a heads up to potential online-reservers. I booked a room here on Saturday night online right before showing up because it was a very busy night in Gainesville for hotel rooms. When I showed up, I found out I had booked a smoking room, something which was not pointed out to me when I booked online. To the front desk worker's credit, she pointed it out to me the moment she pulled up our name and we ended up cancelling without issue and going somewhere else. No comment on the rooms (thought the lobby did look nice) - and the location is definitely good - just giving a heads up to make sure that you're booking a non-smoking room (if desired) when booking online.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
It can be confusing when you're booking online. I'm sorry that happened. I wish we would have had a room available to move you to. I'm glad that our staff was able to help you, Your comfort is always our #1 goal even if it means you'll be staying at another property. I hope you will give us another try in the future. Thanks!
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

First of all we have always stayed at the Hampton Inn on our way to south Florida, had noticed the Country Inn so decided to change things up this year.We were very pleased & perhaps a little bit surprised as we are BIG fans of the Hampton Inn chain.Right from checking in till leaving the next morning everything was perfect. Breakfast was well laid out & plentiful, our room was nicely decorated, clean & had a comortable bed. Location is good for finding a restaurant for dinner after a long day on the road & close to the interstate to be on our way in the morning. The flowerbeds & the lovely palm trees in front of the hotel were a very welcoming sight to travellers from the cold & snowy north!!!! All in all an excellent first time experience with this brand of hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lakehuronsunsets
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. I know that it can be difficult to give another brand a chance when you've been loyal to one for so long. I'm so glad you gave us a chance and we were able to win you over. I hope that you will look for other Country Inn & Suites while traveling because of your experience with us!
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just as advertised this property is clean and the staff is friendly and inviting. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Gainesville, FL area. Upon arrival late at night I was warmly greeted and everything was in place for a quick check in. The breakfast was well supervised and neat even though the hotel was full there was ample food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed our fresh, hot breakfast. I hope you get a chance to enjoy our indoor heated pool on your next trip.