Don't know what was better - the cleanliness of the motel or the friendliness of the staff. The location was great, and I am appreciative that, miraculously, some motels understand there are still miserable, lower life forms, like my brother and I, who smoke. It was wonderful to walk into this place, sight unseen, and get a room, and a "smoking" room at that. SICK of the trend of going totally smoke-free, as if the smokers of the world have just vanished into thin air. But, that's another story.
Anyway - this is an excellent, clean motel, right off the intererstate, close to downtown Gainesville. with a Cracker Barrel right next door (and an excellent one also - great rib-eye steak - who'd-a-thunk?). We were there because our brother was literally dying at Shands hospital up the road. The lady at the front counter gave a quote, then went down a bit for govt/AARP rate, which was nice enough. Then, when I explained the dilemma of not knowing when or even whether we'd be checking out the next day, as we would be at the hospital and didn't know what was going to happen, she gave us the motel's card and told us to call - that, basically, check-out for the next day was whatever time we needed it to be. As if that wasn't enough, she then came down even further on the rate, due to our sad circumstances. That was just excellent.
The rooms themselves are very comfortable, lots of channels on the flat-screen TV, and the oh-so-convenient microwave and small fridge. Nikce bathrooms, too. Beds were comfortable.
I've never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before, but you can bet I will look specifically for them in the future. I can only hope the cleanliness, comfort, and service is as good as the one at this location. The rooms were great, restaurant right there in "safe" walking distance, etc. And the people cared about what was going on with us. They were wonderful in every way during a really hard time for us, and I'll never forget that. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn & Suites is conveniently located next to I-75 right off of exit 384. There are lots of restaurants close by with Cracker Barrel adjacent to the property. CI&S offers free breakfast, free WiFi, 24 hour business center, fitness center and the only indoor heated pool in Gainesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Gainesville
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Country Inn Gainesville
- Gainesville Country Inn