“Not even average”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our room was not clean. The bed linens looked slept in. There was no spare toilet paper in the bathroom. Some prior guests open Coke was in the fridge. No cookies on check in and no decaf in the morning.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JMG44
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have to make trips to Gainesville ever 2-3 months and we have always loved this hotel! Every time we go on trips now with the family we usually look for a Country Inn first as many of them have indoor pools and good breakfasts, which are great when traveling with kids!

Room Tip: They have a few jacuzzi hot tubs within a few rooms for that romantic getaway!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We appreciate our Guest too! We show pride in our hotel and all guest are greeted with a smile! Like you said we have different room types for all kinds of travelers. From a standard room up to a presidential suite. From a corporate business person to families, people visiting the hospital to visiting the University. Come by and see us we love to have you stay with us! Highly ranked by guest like you!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have stayed here before & likely will again. Close to the interstate but far enough back that you can get a quiet room. The room was very nice & spacious. Lots of shopping & restaurants nearby. The breakfast is very good - all the usuals + bananas, apples, bacon, french toast, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, mixed fruit salad.

Room Tip: one end of this hotel is towards the interstate so it could possibly be have a problem with traffic...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again. We are definitely located in a great spot with Cracker Barrel adjacent to us and on Archer Road and I-75. Close to many attractions and shopping outlets, hospitals and the University of Florida. You can't miss!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked this hotel based on reviews from trip advisor. I felt it was pricier than other hotel rooms in gainesville, but it being a football weekend I decided to book it. The hotel and grounds were nice and quiet, however we had issues with our room. There was "sticky blotches" all over the carpet next to the bed. Ugh!! We had to throw towels down so our feet wouldn't stick. The phone did not work. The next we discovered that our sheets were actually ripped! What maid would not notice putting on a ripped sheet? And we also found some kind of beetles in the room. I would suggest going to homewood suites nearby. We have stayed in Gainesville many times and this was our worst experience - especially for the price.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karen1500
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Accept our humble apology. We take complaints very seriously and do act on it appropriately. We will look into some of the issues you have raised in your comments. Our hotel is exceptional in delivering good value and has always exceeded guest expectation. Our rates are competitive and in fact a lot lower then Homewood suites on football weekends. Above all, our hotel is rated higher then Homewood suites on tripadvisor.com. I personally assure you we will address the issues and fix them so no other guest will have similar experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We needed to take an unexpected trip to Gainesville,Florida to get our daughter from Shands Hospital. I had seen the Inn on our last trip and decided to call then direct for a last minute reservation.
A young lady,Katie, answered the phone and very professionally answered my questions and booked our reservation. I mentioned the reason for our trip and she immediately offered a rate, much lower, than a regular rate.
Upon checking in, the ladies at the front desk were absolutely wonderful.
The lobby was inviting open and airy. The elevators and hallways were clean and well lit. The room was clean and well equipped. The beds were very comfortable. They offer a continental
breakfast. Coffee and tea along with cookies are offered anytime in the lobby.
This was very important since I am recovering from cancer surgery just 10 days ago.
Thank you "Counrty Inn of Gainesville" and your wonderful staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank You for visiting us. We strive to make every guest very special and give them the BEST service they deserve. You our customers are very important to us and that is why our Front Desk Representatives are always ready to help our guest.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here last weekend to visit family. Guest services were wonderful, breakfast was great and the room was clean and roomy. For a college town and it was the first game for the Gators, very friendly and clean. Will stay here again when I visit my family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Wonderful! We love to hear responses like this and look forward to seeing you again. Go Gators!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this property strictly because of the Tripadvisor reviews, I normally would stay at The Hilton Conference Center property down the road.

Front desk staff were all friendly and efficient, i wanted extra towels and pillows and I received them right at the front desk to take to my room (I didn't mind). Free cookies at check-in and free breakfast in the morning downstairs. The hotel is located on the quiet corner of Archer Rd and I-75, In between a Cracker Barrel Restaurant and a Gas Station.

The bed is very comfortable with upgraded linens and bedding, decent pillows, great room darkening blinds on the window. Flat screen TV with decent cable selection. The hotel the night I stayed was very quiet, didn't hear any hallway noise (odd for any hotel!).

Plenty of free parking. I paid $111 for a Junior Suite, which basically is just a large room with a sitting area, no separate TV in the Junior Suite, only the one bedroom suite. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your nice comment on Trip Advisor. I am glad you chose us for your stay. I hope you had a chance to sign up for our Club Carlson Reward Program so every time you stay you will get points. Hope to see you again on your next travels to Gainesville, Florida.