“Wonderful place & wonderful staff!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Clean, large room with nice beds, great internet service, plenty of TV channels & the best staff ever encountered! Breakfast is decent, afternoon cookies are delicious! Got substantial discount with "Hospital/Medical Rate" - by direct phone contact to location - for 2 nights while having surgery at Shands. All staff, especially Pearl, exceptionally friendly, caring, helpful & professional. Hopefully, I won't need to return to Shands, but I know where to stay if I do!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank laurenat40
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida is the place to stay when visiting Gainesville, Florida. Whether you are going to the hospitals are the University of FLorida come stay with us. Thank you and we are glad you stayed with us.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Moving my son to Gainesville for graduate school meant staying in a hotel for a few nights. I'm glad we chose Country Inn & Suites. Everything was clean, new looking, and well laid out. The room was large (sofa bed for son, king for daughter and I). Great internet service and probably the best selection of TV stations I've encountered at a hotel or condo. Front desk staff were always professional and friendly. Breakfast provided was adequate and filling with the usual choices of waffles, an egg choice, cereal, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Although it is a bit of a drive to the University, it is very easy to do. A stone's throw away is a Cracker Barrel.

I'll be looking for this chain for future travel options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Only a few miles from the University of Florida Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida is the place to stay. Great Customer Service, Great Customer Service and many special amenities. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have stayed there last year and had an amazing time. Our daughter has special needs so when we went to Gainesville last year and found where it is located we said that's the place for us. The people who work there are so friendly and helpful. They have reasonable rates and we enjoy the pool and also breakfast. We just went again and had a terrible time at the hospital so when I called to see if we could get the room for another night there were no problems. When we arrived there they listened to our story and offered us a snack sac (which was appropriate since we had not eaten in 18 hours) Clean, Comfortable, Centrally located, indoor pool and breakfast, it's the only place we stay. Thanks for having us

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida. Are guest are like our family and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. Customer Service is what matters and a great stay is important to us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I spent last night at Country Inn. To tell the truth, I have always avoided these hotels because I'd had a horrible experience at a Radisson and I refused to patronzie Carlson because of it. But my husband was hospitalized in Gainesville and the 210 round trip drive to my home was becoming exhausting. I had no clothes, no toiletries, etc. I called in advance and they gave me a wonderful rate and when I asked for directions to the closest WalMart to buy clothes and toiletries, they told me they would have everything I needed. They also mentioned that they had an indoor pool, and a hot breakfast. So, at WalMart, I bought clothes and a bathing suit. When I arrived, the clerk already had a bag of toiletries waiting for me. The person I spoke to on the phone had let the clerk know. It was so late when I arrived, the pool was about to close. With all the stress of my husband being hospitlized, that pool looked amazing. The clerk told me that he would keep it open 30 minutes longer for me. That characterizes everything about my short visit. Attention to detail, kindness, compassion. The 9 hours I spent there was such a stress reliever during this time. I will be grateful forever. The breakfast, coffee and fresh cookies were wonderful as well!

Room Tip: For value and a great staff, this is the place in Gainesville.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Great Service is what matters when you stay at Country Inn & SUites in Gainesville, Florida. We strive to please our guest and make their stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again real soon!!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have stayed in several Country Inns around the Eastern US and this one may be our favorite. The staff are always friendly. The rooms are are great and worth the price. You can find cheaper places to stay nearby but you'll get what you paid for. My husband and I spent a weekend here once in a whirlpool room with a king bed and it was amazing. The pool is indoors, probably the only fault I personally have about the place b/c we enjoy the sun however, not enough to keep us from returning. The breakfast staff are so helpful and encouraged us to take the "real" dishes with our food to our rooms to enjoy our breakfast. Can you imagine? I was thrilled. The food selection is great too. They actually stand in the kitchen and cook some food. There are always cookies and hot coffee in the lobby too.

Room Tip: We have stayed in double and king with whirlpool, both were great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for a great reveiw. We thrive on our great amenities we offer. Country Inn & Suites in Gainesville, Florida is the only hotel with a wonderful indoor heated pool & spa, GREAT location next to I-75 & the Cracker Barrel, a breakfast that we serve on real dishes with silverware and many more surprises for our guest. Come stay with us again and thank you for choosing the best hotel in Gainesville, Florida!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Went to check out Univ of Florida campus and found this hotel right at the Archer Rd I-75 exit. The Univ is a short ride down a stretch of road that contains just about every chain and family restaurant, so you won't go hungry. The room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was adequate. I was impressed that they used plastic cups and plates rather than all disposables as at Hamptons. The staff was kind, helpful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chazb0

Thank you for a wonderful reveiw. Country Inn & SUites of Gainesville, Florida is centrally located next to everything in town. We are only a 2 minute drive from University of Florida and Shands Hospital. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope the next time you are traveling our way that you stay with us!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

On a recent trip to Gainesville the hotel on 34th I like to stay at was booked so I followed some reviews of this property and was very disappointed.

It was graduation week at the university and rates were close to triple! I had to have a room so I booked it. Upon check in, another guest that just stopped of the interstate negotiated a rate half of mine. I asked for the same rate and they basically said tough, you prepaid online so sorry.

A free drink, meal anything would have helped, but they basically did not care. Room and bed are average, service below average. Look around on 34th and stay at a nicer place for the same or less $$.

Paul

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pfigura
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

“After reviewing the comments posted, we would like to clarify that this reservation was made through third party website(expedia.com). Room rates during these dates were high due to University of Florida graduation weekend and the demand for hotel room was extremely high. We offer discounts like AAA/AARP/GOVT or any special prior negotiated rate therefore rates will differ. Since this reservation came through Expedia we did not have the flexibility to change the rate. The hotel pays higher commission anytime reservations are booked through third party websites therefore hotels do not prefer to offer discounts. In future, we suggest you call the hotel directly, so that we can offer you the best rate. We regret that you felt bad for paying a higher rate but all the guest who stayed at the hotel during these dates paid a similar rate. We pride ourselves to be the best hotel in Gainesville, Fl. Our location and amenities far exceeds any other competing hotel. Our Guest rates us very highly on trip advisor.com and other websites. The free hot breakfast we offer is the best quality of food items and are superior to any other hotel as well.