“EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Whenever I travel to Gainesville, I always stay at this hotel if rooms are available. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-75 on the Gainesville-Archer Road exit. The rooms are clean, the morning breakfast is hot, consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, coffees and juices. The staff are overall very nice, although this trip I encountered Alicia at the front desk who was not very friendly, but Derrick was extremely nice and friendly and handled our checkout. The hotel was engulfed in visiting high school groups (two groups), but the children were pretty well-behaved and well-supervised. There was no running in the halls and we were surprised at how well they did. When I saw the buses pull in, I will admit that I got a little nervous, but everything was fine. I recommend this hotel to everyone I know who visits Shands or Gainesville. My husband is a Shands patient and we visit Gainesville every three months. I highly recommend this Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Room 408 is excellent; overlooks the front parking lot, right next to ice & vending machines, an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Johnnie D
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind reply. At Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida we strive for great Customer Service and Guest Satisfaction. We are conveniently located to the Shands hospital and do offer a GREAT Hospital RATE! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had read many negative reviews of hotels/Inns along the I75 between southern Ontario and Florida so was happy to get a good recommendation from a friend about the Country Inn and Suites at Valdosta, Georgia. We found it to be very good so decided to try the same hotel when we stopped in Gainesville, FL. In short, it was also a very positive experience. The front desk was efficient and reasonably courteous. The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable. There was no external noise or bad smoking odours to disrupt sleep. The TV worked fine. The bathroom was clean and everything worked the way it should. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise - lots of hot foods along with the usual continental style fare. And the price was very reasonable (around $80 without reservations in mid-February 2012). There were restaurants within a short walk for evening meals. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan B

Thank you for a great response to your travel at Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida. We greet all our guest with smiles and Great Service.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night in late March. I normally don't stay at Country Inn & Suites because I don't really like them but I took a chance. This hotel was well beyond my expectations. It is nicer than a lot of other hotels I have stayed in previously. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holly5_12
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is new and clean with large well equipped rooms. A hot breakfast was included. I usually stay in moderately priced hotels when I travel for business and it can be a hit or miss proposition. I'll definitely stay here the next time I'm in town and would recommend it to anyone looking for reasonably priced accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The hotel room was ok. One chair was very stained, the sofa was less than comfortable, the room did not have enough lighting or electrical outlets and the bathroom light flickered but the bathroom was clean and the bed was fine. Though it was not a big deal we did not find the desk staff to be at all welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClaudiaB
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Clean, spacious, and hospitable staff! Enormous FREE breakfast with incredible selections. Great location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marcoChicago
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed in a suite and had plenty of space in this clean hotel room. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel because there is a Cracker Barrel directly behind the hotel. The staff was OK, but not overly friendly. We could have used a smile or two.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple