“Food and Wine for everybody”
Review of Wine & Cheese Gallery - CLOSED

Wine & Cheese Gallery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

What a better than great selection of wine that can be accompanied by a wine and cheese plate or fresh made sandwiches for the upper crust of flavors. Strongly recommend the homemade bread that is melt in your mouth. They get busy at lunch, but it is well worth any wait and call for the soup selection early as they run out.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

You can get some wonderful cheeses in this shop (wine too)! They'll make suggestions and pull cheeses out for your to try. They also cut it beautifully, if your trying to make a good impression at a party, etc. Stop by for lunch. If the weather permits, sit out back in their garden in the shade of the trees. My favorite sandwich is the HIPPO. Great Danish ham and Havarti that will melt in your mouth like ice cream. A wonderful little out of the way place to have a nice lunch. Highly recommended to all.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I had been to the Wine and Cheese Gallery several times for lunch and and always enjoyed it. However, four or five years ago I attended lunch there with some work colleagues and had a really terrible meal – inedible corned beef, no consideration from the waitstaff, two hour slow (not leisurely) lunch. After that meal decided I needed to take a break from W&CG.

So now, years later, decided to give it another try and am so glad that I did! Based on a suggestion from a colleague, went to lunch there last week with her and an out of town guest, and we had an excellent lunch. My colleague and I both ordered the hot Chicken and Avocado Sandwich; mine on the French baguette and hers on ciabatta. We both loved and devoured our sandwiches! Warm sliced chicken breast, plump and creamy avocado slices, and sprouts. The hot baguette was outstanding. Our guest tried one of the specials – the Olive Oyl – “A house-made tapenade, chicken, bacon, Havarti cheese and lettuce, tomato on the bread of your choice with a side salad or mixed fruit.” She chose the mixed fruit and that was a generous portion of sliced fresh fruit – cantaloupe, apples, and some others. All three lunches were very fresh, well-prepared, and really delicious. And the iced tea was also fresh, cold, and slightly flavored – very refreshing. Service was very good, with our waitress keeping our glasses filled.

Given the excellence of this lunch and the previous good visits that we have had to the W&CG, I’ve concluded that the poor showing a few years ago was an off day (all restaurants have them), and that I can add W&CG once again to our lunch time rotation.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Make it a leisurely afternoon at Wine & Cheese Gallery. Sit outside on the patio for the best vibe...it feels like you're tucked away in your own private backyard. Order the BLAT for a decadent sandwich (bacon & avocado? definitely!) and try dipping the kettle chips in a side of W&C's blue cheese dressing. The Fig, Turkey & Cheese sandwich is my go-to healthy sandwich pick, but the Turkey in the Garden is a decent runner up. After lunch, scan the array of wines, tapenades and chocolates. Experience complete! The only warning: If it's busy (Saturday afternoons or after a Groupon/Living Social deal), be prepared to wait. The waitresses do their best to keep up with everyone, but it added some extra time.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We haven't been there in a while since our office is on the other side of Gainesville. But the W & C has great lunches, and a huge selection of wines and champagnes from around the world.

Bunky and Wade are both extremely knowledgeable and helpful and helping you find just the right wine for any occasion.