“Long-time eatery...they never even have to advertise!”
Review of Tim's Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tim's Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 24, 2012

These are sweet people who do a fine job of taking care of their customers. On our last visit, though, we had a waiter who tried WAY too hard to "please" rather than just being pleasant.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Bathroom stinks like sewer so we left this place before ordering food,,
PS. fix your air conditioner

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We ate here with friends who are long time patrons of this restaurant. Our friend ordered some of his favorite dishes for us. I have to say, I was not impressed, it was okay. The shrimp pad Thai had only 4 shrimp, it tasted okay, nothing special. The coconut chicken soup was the best dish of the night. We did eat mid-week, but there were only 2 other people in the restaurant, makes you wonder how they stay open.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

First, the positive: This is obviously a family run business and we had the school-aged son as our server. He was very pleasant and tried to provide excellent customer service.

My husband and I had red curry and pad thai. The spice is very, very mild. The flavor was equally mild. Neither is a good thing in my book. The quality of the meat was good, something that I can't always say about other places. The red curry was overflowing with bamboo shoots though and lacking in the amount of meat. All of the sauces were on the thin side. Overall, this is average food, at best.

The decor was horrible. Think about going to visit your oldest living relative and then take the kitsch level up a couple of notches...and not in a good way. The dishes don't match, the frame pictures are wrinkled travel posters, the wall is covered with odd bamboo mats, the tables have plastic flowers that are in the need of dusting. This is a tired old restaurant.

So, take home message. The wait staff tried hard, but the quality of food and the atmosphere are rather poor.

Reviewed December 31, 2010

My wife and I have dined at Tim's Thai Restaurant since it opened in 1984. We have always experienced excellent food and service.

We find it hard to believe what other reviewers have said about the food and service. Their comments do not reflect our more than twenty-six years of dining pleasure there.

The garlic shrimp, Pad Thai, all the curry dishes, soups, the duck, beef and green beans (we could go on and on) are all very, very good. We enthusiastically recommend this fine restaurant.

1  Thank oconnorart