“Nice outside seating for lunch”
Review of Swamp Restaurant

Swamp Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 570 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice outside seating for lunch”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Good location, very close to the University. Food was just ok (I ordered a steak medium well and it came well done). Outside seating is a must!

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Revolting fish sandwich!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Was taken here for a business meeting. My husband and I both got the fresh catch fish sandwich. I took one bite and almost gagged it all back up. It was the fishiest, most disgusting fish I have ever had. My husbands was the same. And each was $12. It was embarrassing to not be able to eat a dinner someone else was purchasing for us. Service was friendly but took forever. Also my husband ordered sweet potato fries and it came out with regular fries, the server recognized the problem and said she would bring out additional sweet potato fries but never did. I talked to a few locals who all agree this is a BAR and should never be used for food. I still get a nauseous lump in my throat when I think about that fish sandwich. Yuck!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Don't do it!!! Bad food. Fish was so bad. No one questioned our unbeaten meals and service was horrible. 6 of us. Not one good meal.

1 Thank Pmellon
Naples, Florida
“Don't waste your time, great location end of review nothing else to say worth while”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is our second visit since our child is a student at uf we brought others with us as our guest and it was a terrible experience. I asked both my children to remind me if I suggest this place again to remind me of this experience. Arrived 12:00 restaurant empty, ordered our food in a timely manner, waitress visited the table once in 30 mins which iswhen orfood came. Time was sort otherwise I would have returned the cold sweet potato fries. Didn't see waitress again until bill time, watched her seat several tables while we sat looking for more water and tea. Such a fantastic location with great ambiance, but that's all folks. Do yourself a favor and keep walking.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Darren B
Gainesville
“Takes a long time to get something different than you ordered”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went on Sunday, an absolutely beautiful day. So the setting is great which is the only reason I went back as this is 2/2 not good meals for brunch. Ordered breakfast burrito at waitress's suggestion. After the fact I asked for the menu when there was no crisp apple smoked bacon in it. Was given the wrong menu so didn't get to see how wrong what they served me was until I got home. Here is the menu description: - Scrambled eggs, crisp apple smoked bacon, cheddar-jack cheese, pico de gallo, jalapenos and choice of chicken or steak. Stuffed in a garlic herb tortilla served with a side of salsa. 10
I asked for no chicken or steak so that was fine but got no bacon and it was a flour tortilla with cream sauce all over it and besides eggs there was a little cheese and onions in it. Cant find that anywhere on the menu. Waitress said she would talk with the manger after giving me the bill with nothing off despite it being not what I ordered and it taking almost 40 minutes to make. They offered me another but I wasn't going to wait another 40 minutes. The manager when she went back to him gave me $2.50 off. I would not have paid that total for what they gave me. I feel bad as I always tip 20% or higher but it was a slap in the face taking 2.50 off so I gave the same as a tip. I feel bad that she has to work for a manager like that. And as mentioned this was the 2nd trip to get subaverage food. They do have some decent food there so it shouldn't have to be like this which is what makes it obvious its the management.

• Visited September 2013