“A foodie's delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paramount Grill

Paramount Grill
Ranked #11 of 567 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the vibrant and historic Downtown Gainesville, Florida, the heart of the city. For over 10 years Clif Nelson, chef and owner of Paramount Grill, has been serving unique and innovative cuisine. Our wait staff is attentive without being intrusive. We use only the best, freshest ingredients and most everything is house made including our desserts. We serve beer and wine, of which there is a nice variety and is reasonably priced. FREE valet parking available Tuesday-Saturday starting at 6 p.m. and on special holidays.
Gainesville, Florida
“A foodie's delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This came as a recommendation when I asked for a place with great food that I could go to solo without feeling like a third wheel - as in no place too romantic.
I guess it could also be romantic but it is set up so that I was able to get a small table right in the front window.
My waitress was outstanding. The owner swung by to talk baout the menu and see how things were going.
I highly recommend the beet salad (and I am not a fan of beets!).

Visited August 2012

South Carolina
“Don't think so.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Don't think we would pick Paramount Grill as a regular spot if we lived in the area.

Paramount does an excellent job with service, food presentation and ambiance.

Had crab cakes, salmon, and flat iron steak. Crab cakes were a nice size and looked very tasty, but were "bland"; seemed like too much bread in the cake. Not lump crab meat and very little crab overall. Salmon - you know when it's tasty. Our salmon was an unusual deep orange color and not tasty.

Would definitely recommend the flat iron steak - tasted great and the french fries that came with the order were very good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank US51908
Gainesville, Florida
“Best in Gainesville by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have been following the chef here for a number of years and we are never disappointed. He is creative and combines flavors in amazing ways. If you are a foodie this is the place for you. Not a spot meant for kids except during Sunday brunch. Our favorite date night place and we often compare to resturaunts we have been to in New York and San Francisco.

miami, florida
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant due to the reviews on trip advisor. Boy did we enjoy our visit to this restaurant!!! The food and service was phenomenal. We had the crab cakes. Delicious. I had the salmon and my husband had the duck. The portions were perfect and you will not leave hungry. It is a little pricey but well worth it. I highly recommend this restaurant while visiting Gainesville.

• Visited August 2012
Apopka, Florida
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Read all the reviews and picked this place for a special meal with family in the area. We liked the location, waitress and the spotless environment. We were disappointed that our rather large salads came on very small plates making eating them difficult to do without making a mess. One salad had WAY too much dressing on it making it even messier and unappealing. My crab cakes smelled very fishy, were mushy and almost tasteless. Two in our party had the dinner specials which were a good deal for them pricewise but overall we were disappointed in the dining experience. We paid top dollar for our food and did not get corresponding quality.

• Visited July 2012