“thick crust pizza is very good”

Leonardo's Pizza In A Pan
Ranked #53 of 589 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Always stop here when in town to see my daughter.
great pizza, very good salad, fantastic rolls.
very laid back and casual.
My only complaint is that the front part of the restaurant is always uncomfortably hot.
Sit in the back room and enjoy.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have eaten here with friends before or after Florida football games for more than two decades, and have eaten Leonardo's pizza at one location or another for 40 years. The restaurant is small but there always seems to be a table available. The atmosphere is rustic ... typical college town ... nothing fancy. We always order an extra pizza to eat cold on the trip home after the game. We live in NE Florida but NEVER fail to eat at "Leo's" whenever we come to town. Their deep-dish pizza reminds us of the original "Uno's" Pizzeria in Chicago. Don't miss eating here when you have a craving for delicious pizza.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I chose Leonardo's on my way through Gainesville to Orlando based on its reviews here on Tripadvisor.

Warning....you WILL BE UNDERWHELMED when you walk in the door. The decor is 30+ years old, the furniture is cheap, and the staff looks a little on the rough side. That being said, I had the best pizza I have EVER.......EVER.....had in my entire life here. The owner (Not named Leonardo) learned we came due to its TripAdvisor review and came to chat us up. He recommended Leo's Deep Dish, and we were not dissapointed at all.

He gave us a double-order of garlic rolls for the price of one. We were all grouchy and tired from driving six hours, but this place really changed the mood. GREAT food.

1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Salad bar is so-so, entrees are OK, but the deep dish pizza is the best--loaded with goodies, fragrant, and baked just right.

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I've been here 2 times now. Easy to order, cooked fresh, worth the wait!
Trying to visit your student at college, you can bring the friends here too. Excellent prices, serve a crowd! Great garlic rolls, good thin pizza, and of course, the deep dish pie. I never saw such a thick one in my life.You will not leave hungry here! Enjoy! Lots of seating, no waiting.