“NW 39th Avenue Gainesville Location”

La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #392 of 574 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Gainesville, FL
“NW 39th Avenue Gainesville Location”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The menu, atmosphere and prices were very good and the service was excellent. However our tabs had an automatic 18% tip added upon which tax was improperly charged. Our party which included a mathematics professor, an attorney and three others with doctorates questioned a befuddled staff about this and they did adjust our bills. This isn't a reason not to dine a La Fiesta but you should double check their math.

• Visited January 2013

Gainesville, FL
“Great Service, Tasty Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a party of 9 last night at the NW 39th Ave location, and the service was outstanding. The server returned to our table many times to see if anyone needed anything. The serving portions were large. Several folks asked for boxes and took home part of their meal. In my opinion, the food was good, but not outstanding. I ordered the Dos Tacos dinner with soft tacos. The chicken tacos and accompaniments were as described and tasty. However, I would not describe the food as authentic. It didn't come close to what I have had during several trips to Mexico or even at La Tienda here in Gainesville which I consider more authentic.

• Visited January 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Would eat there again”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good mexican dishes. Fresh salsa and tortillas. Enchilladas and buritos were delicious. Each sold separately.

Visited May 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Awesome Mexican!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

La Fiesta is excellent, authentic Mexican in Gainesville! It is by far my favorite Mexican food is town. If you like spicy food, don't miss the chili burrito. Everything comes out fast and fresh. Don't miss!

• Visited November 2012
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“My favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The best item is actually not on the menu - the queso and bean dip! OMG I would weight 300 lbs if I knew how to make it. The chips are just a vehicle to get as much of this dip into my mouth as possible. Otherwise I usually get either the Southwest steak wrap or the regular tacos. The meat here is not greasy like it is at other mexican restaurants. Highly recommend this place - although it is really far for us to drive here we make the trip across town several times a year.

Visited August 2012