“Convenient Dinner with good service”

Miller's Ale House Gainesville
Ranked #23 of 594 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Miller's Ale House restaurant provide top-quality food at a great value in a casual neighborhood tavern atmosphere. Choose between New York Strip, lobster, original pastas, fresh salads and favorites like Zingers(R) boneless wings and homemade desserts. Our full-service bar features more than 75 beers, plus wine and liquor.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I were staying down the street at the Spring Hill Suites for one night and decided to jump in this restaurant for dinner. It was a very nice experience! I had been before. Good libations with a quality steak. They have some nice appetizers and lots of TV's for Sports. Our server was very attentive!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We come here all the time and have never had a bad meal nor have we ever had to send something back. Would definitely recommend to others!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Ale House has a fairly extensive menu with seafood, steaks and chops. Nice selection of beers, ales, wines, and cocktails. Pricing is pretty modest. It is a large restaurant, busy, and has outdoor seating. Our server was very attentive but our booth was right near the kitchen...not a good location.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

First let me start off with our sever. He was one of the best servers I have ever had and I feel bad that he has to work in such a dump. Let me just say the minute we walked into the restraunt the stench of old wet wood hit me like a ton of bricks. The floors are old and rotten and in most places give when you walk on them. The tables are cracked and the booths are old and worn. The ceiling is old and discussing with smoke stains in it from when smoking was allowed years ago. When we sat down we informed our server of the horrible condition of the floor under our booth (there was no trash) but just grime build up. He apologized and said he would inform a manager. He was very polite and offered us both drinks and appetizers as well as dinner specials. I ordered the New York strip medium and it came out rare!! When I informed my server he apologized and quickly took the dish to a little table in the corner of the restraunt where 4 (what looked to be managers) were sitting after a brief conversation he walked the plate back to the kitchen and I had a new steak a few minutes later. When he brought the new steak it was perfect and my green beans and mash potatoes were very good. A few minutes after I begin eating a sorry excuse for a manager came over and introduced himself as Chris. He was sweating and smelled of cigarettes. He asked is how everything was and I replied fine and he quickly walked away never once apologizing for the undercooked meat. Our server check on is multiple times and kept our drinks refilled. When I asked the server who the people in the back corner were he informed me that it what the general manager and other managers having a meeting (in the middle of dinner rush) overall the food was ok and the service was the best I have ever had. But as for anything else, I will not return. This place needs to be remodeled bad and have a new management staff or I don't see it lasting much longer.

2  Thank Adam O
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This place was very friendly and the atmosphere was great!I would definitely visit the Gainesville Ale House very soon!!