“Low Rating Because of a Rude Bartender Named Ben!”

Miller's Ale House Gainesville
Ranked #26 of 574 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Miller's Ale House restaurant provide top-quality food at a great value in a casual neighborhood tavern atmosphere. Choose between New York Strip, lobster, original pastas, fresh salads and favorites like Zingers(R) boneless wings and homemade desserts. Our full-service bar features more than 75 beers, plus wine and liquor.
Austin, Texas
“Low Rating Because of a Rude Bartender Named Ben!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food was delicious, the manager and the food servers were excellent. I would like to commend Marianne (our waitress). She was delightful and helpful. The manager visited our table and "comped" my clam chowder because it came out late. I thought this was very decent of him. The Mahi Piccata was delicious!

So why did I rate this restaurant only a 2? My wife complained to me that her margarita tasted like water. She thought it had no tequila in it. I took the drink to the bar and talked to the bartender named Ben. When I told him of my wife's complaint, he told me that I could have a new drink, but I would have to pay for it. His tone of voice was rude and surly. I took the drink back to our table. My wife would not drink it, and ordered wine instead.

• Visited June 2013
MAH2010, Public Relations Manager at Miller's Ale House Gainesville, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
imAngelfish, apologies on the bartender at Gainesville. If you were unhappy with an item, it should have been replaced; without paying for it. I'm not sure when the manager got involved, but I would like to think the manager would have taken care of this (as the clam chowder). Please know that service is one of our key points and we will do what it takes to make you happy. If i can be of assistance in this matter please contact me. Apologies once again and thanks for the feedback, Tim tvanbrackle@millersalehouse.com

Gainesville, Florida
“ok”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

girl and me checkin places out for beer and food. Jus lousy food beer was warm and staff lazy. better places around here than this one burger wuz good cuz it had buffalo sauce on it. bathroom was dirty too no paper and jus messy

• Visited June 2013
Tyler apologies on your visit to Gainesville. Lousy food and warm beer is not our standard. Please allow us to fix this and invite you back. Send me your contact information and I will have management reach out to you. Apologies once again, Tim tvanbrackle@millersalehouse.com
Gainesville, Florida
“Just another beer joint”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a hangout for folks that like to get together for happy hour(s). The burger was okay, as was the wings. This is not a place I would choose but not one I would refuse to go to either.

Istanbul, Turkey
“An average sports bar with a few good menu items”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The only reason I keep going back to this particular Ale House is for the Big Red. Their Zinger menu, which is their special buffalo chicken sauce, is, in my opinion, the only thing that keeps their food from being all-around average. If you like buffalo chicken then be sure to order something with Zinger sauce; if you aren't big into that, then good luck finding something else on the menu that isn't overpriced for how average it is.

On top of that, on multiple occasions they have not been showing any sports on their numerous TVs when there were games on, and we've had to ask them to turn them on to make that happen, which is pretty terrible for a sports bar (they weren't showing any March Madness games on the first day of the tournament).

Visited March 2013
MAH2010, Public Relations Manager at Miller's Ale House Gainesville, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
JZWilliams. I'm glad you like our Zingers and Sauces. I'm hoping you can find some other items on our menu to your liking as well. We like to keep up to date with what our Guest want so if you have some recommendations please let us know. And your right: We should have a number of sports games on our TVs at all times. I apologize you had to ask for this (though we will take requests as well). Thanks again for your feedback, Tim tvanbrackle@millersalehouse.com
Sarasota
“OK for an ALE HOUSE”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Since it is a college town, you can figure a large contingent of college kids. That's what you get here at this Ale House. We stopped here on our way to New Orleans since we like the Ale House concept. Not fine dining, but a decent choice for good food. The food here is consistent with the other 15 Ale Houses we have visited. The patio seating is adequate, however this location had a great amount of smokers. I would rate this Ale House as an underachiever.

• Visited April 2013