“Mmmmm tasty taste”

David's Real Pit BBQ
Ranked #158 of 574 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: David's Real Pit BBQ is Gainesville, Florida's best BBQ restaurant and catering service. Specializing in serving quality BBQ at a quick, convenient pace. Stop in for our mouth watering breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or have us cater your event, rehearsal dinner or wedding. We are a family friendly establishment so bring the kids.
Ocala, Florida
“Mmmmm tasty taste”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Got a very tasty BBQ burger. It was pretty big. Coleslaw tasted fresh. Loved the garlic bread and chicken I sampled off my son. Fried okra was also quite good and not greasy or mushy. Sweet sweet corn nuggets went down the hatch with a smile. Awesome spot for BBQ so glad we stopped in our Gville visit. Will return to try sweet tea brisket and more!

Gainesville, Florida
“Good little place for a quick bite”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good BBQ pork and chicken sandwiches. They have other plates as well with many choices of sides. I love the corn nuggets. This is an order and take your own seat type of place, which is great if you are in a hurry, or just want some good food and don't need to be waited on. Like the laid back atmosphere. David's has been here for as long as I can remember, and is one of those places that the locals go to. Recommend it if you are in the area.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank K M
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Burnt ends on garlic toast, it's awesome!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Is this a secret menu item? The only reason I know about burnt ends is because the staff told me about it. As I was passing through Gainesville around lunch time, I spotted David's and I'm glad I did. Even though it was a busy weekday and there were plenty of other customers, the staff knew it was my first time at the restaurant, were patient, answered my stupid questions and made some excellent suggestions. My sandwich made with burnt ends was ample size and the side of baked beans was almost too big! I will travel 2,000 miles from Arizona again to have another one of these sandwiches!

• Visited April 2014
“fantastic”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

fantastic food ,service, and prices. the service is great quick and friendly. fountain drinks for free refills,. have booth or table sitting, outside tables with umbrellas fenced in clean and social loving.

• Visited March 2014
“Yummy”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

So delish! We love the smoked turkey, barbecue beans, coleslaw and toast. Breakfast is a yummy treat every once and awhile. We usually phone in our order, pick it up and eat at home. Dining room is a bit rustic for our taste. Feels good to support a local business.

Visited December 2013