“Coleslaw is a pleasant addition!”

David's Real Pit BBQ
Ranked #124 of 609 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: David's Real Pit BBQ is Gainesville, Florida's best BBQ restaurant and catering service. Specializing in serving quality BBQ at a quick, convenient pace. Stop in for our mouth watering breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or have us cater your event, rehearsal dinner or wedding. We are a family friendly establishment so bring the kids.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food is good and they put coleslaw on the BBQ! Southern girls with Southern hospitality.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Many people rave about Davids Bar B Que. But I am not in agreement with that opinion. While it is good, I prefer Sonny's by far for Bar B Que.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My family loves to go to David's Barbecue any night of the week, but on Monday nights, my kids eat for FREE! My husband and I get delicious meals, the kids are happy, and I usually have enough to take to work for lunch the next day!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

If this restaurant was across from the University, you would never be able to get in. The lines would be too long. My favorite is the pulled pork with Carolina sauce, a vinegar and peeper based BBQ sauce.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

A little off I-75 but well worth the trip when going through the Gainesville area.
Ribs/chicken and pork are all cooked the old fashioned way. Sides such as onion rings beans and slaw you could make a meal on and daily specials. Ask a local, they know where David's is located. U of F students give fast service and prices are good for the servings provided. Get the ribs just once and you will be back for sure. Not a fancy chain, but just good food like it should be served. Tailgate HQs on game days.

Don;t forget to take some of their own sauce home for later.