“the food is good, but not worth the $$ & the service is ssslllloowww. I don't mean "let's not rush the drinks...”
Review of Amelia's

Amelia's
Reserve with OpenTable
Amelia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 590 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: European, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Place and E. 1st Street
Reviewed May 23, 2008

the food is good, but not worth the $$ & the service is ssslllloowww. I don't mean "let's not rush the drinks and conversation "slow, I mean "did the chef die? did they send to Italy for the food?" slow.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed May 5, 2008

My wife and I were going to see a play at the Hippodrome Theater and were looking for a place nearby so that we could park for dinner and walk to the Hipp. We had been to Amelia's a couple of years ago and had been very pleased and satisfied with the meal and the service. I am pleased to be able to say that I feel the very same way about our last visit. It was graduation weekend for the Univ of FL so it was hard to get in a lot of places but they were able to give us a reservation with one day's notice if we were ok with sitting on the paito. We gladly accepted. The wine list is good with a decent variety. We had a nice bottle of Italian Wine - the Fuito Sangiovese. Nice quality for the price. The bruschetta was very good as an appetizer extremely fresh tasting. My wife had the lasagna and I had the shrimp fra diavlo. We both very much enjoyed our meals. The waiter recommended the cheesecake for dessert and we were definitely enjoyed it with the rest of our wine. We had a lovely time and recommend it for you as well.

1  Thank KH_Traveler_9541
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Ok Italian for Gainesville, my house is better.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Uneven quality, pricey, but the best local Italian food I've had.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 30, 2007

now you know I love Italian and Amelias rates. $$ though.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook