“Southern food with a kick”

Southern Charm Kitchen
Ranked #72 of 588 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

As a party of two families (8people), this restaurant amazingly pleased us all with delicious standards such as fried chicken to lactose-intolerant-friendly dishes to vegan-friendly dishes to an mouth-watering oxtail meal. Come hungry. Portion sizes are very large. Small, cozy restaurant. Service is excellent.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I've been here twice so far. The second time around, I brought my family along, which includes some of the toughest critics. Among the things we ordered were the seafood fritters, sweet potato hush puppies, fried green tomatoes (AMAZING), fried catfish, country fried tofu, and fried chicken and waffles. Everything was very well prepared and everyone was very happy with their meal. We'll be back again!

1  Thank MetroFighter
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my second visit to Southern Charm. On the first visit I had the Salted Caramel Chicken which was very good! I choose the Hopin John then second visit. Loved it! Great choices for sides! I even ordered Ribs to go with green beans and mac and cheese for my son. A large portion for the price we paid. He said the meal was great but the BBQ sauce was a little spicy, which he didn't mind. Great place to go for a date night! Enjoy!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Seems like it really depends on what you order here. A friend told me to get the fried sweet potato fritters (Outstanding). I went out on my own and got a burger (only OK). Others got the chicken waffle and said it was excellent. In short, stick with the Southern specialties and you can't go wrong.

1  Thank krislier10
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I wanted something different today. Went to try Southern Charm. This place exceeded my expectations. The food is amazing. I had the meatloaf my son had the po boy. The portion sizes are huge so be prepared to eat! Well worth your time and the drive. Its a really cute place. So much to choose from on the menu. We will probably go back next week. This may be my new favorite place.