“Consistent quality, good variety”
Review of Stonewood Tavern & Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is our "go-to" restaurant when we know our party would prefer to choose from a variety of food types. Quiet atmosphere and gentle lighting, excellent and friendly staff, and the food comes out fresh, hot, and tasty. The booths are comfortable for my 90-year-old mom and dad, and I personally love the wine specials! Join the Stonewood Club and get $15 off a $30 purchase for one-time use, plus a free dessert on your birthday.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was there last night with a party of 14. We dine out once a month. Frequently we have average to sometimes poor service since we are a large group. The service at Stonewood was excellent. Since their portions are large, I asked if my husband and I could split the 9 oz. filet. They were happy to accomodate us and it was plenty of food. The filet was cooked just right and delicious. I do think that their wine list is a little pricey. Fortunately, we arrived a little before 7pm and were able to order a bottle of wine at half price. It was a great meal with great service.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We eat here every time we come to see our son. Great food, good staff and lots of fun. Brittany was our waitress and made our evening all the more enjoyable. She was right on with good food suggestion.

Thanks so much...
Donna Moran and Mark Schacht

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I went here while in town and were greeted with great staff and delightful food. It was a little more pricey, but the taste was well worth it! Looking forward to our next trip to Gainesville so we can try some other things.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I'm baffled. This place is praised amongst friends. It a lame steakhouse. We ordered 2 steaks, sauces, bruschetta, and 1 glass of wine. The bill was over $100 bucks. The waitress made everything appear better a calling this "special." "Special bruschetta." I've been to italy, that texas toast with tomatoes is NOT bruschetta. The steak was fine but the side vegetable looked like something a young child had made. And dont sprinkled crap all over the plate. Classy restaurant dont do that anymore. Wine was good though. I'll give you that.