“Pricey, average food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The service was not bad since the place was empty due to a Florida home game. The clam chowder was quite good, and the tomato caprese was all right. The portions are almost too large. I have been to this restaurant several times over the last couple of years. The service has always been good, but the food is, overall, just average.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stonewood Tavern has consistently good food and drinks. It is a nice restaurant that will give a good impression to people you take there. But, it is also one of the more expensive restaurants for Gainesville and that results in a bit of an older crowd.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stonewood rarely disappoints. It's not stellar but I know I can count on this place for a decent meal.

We love their blue cheese chips and seared ahi. Fish is always good and their salads are tasty. Ample wine list and their desserts are worthwhile if you have the room.

We were surprised by my fillet on our last visit - seems like they may have changed their seasoning. I can't say I liked the change and will probably order something else next time.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had my graduation lunch here. There were about 12 of us but the service was just as good had we come in with 4 or 5 people. The food was very good and the portions were generous. Plus, when we got the bill it was much less than we were expecting. I think this place is very underrated!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stonewood offers delicious meals of steak seafood salads and appetizers. Their cocktail and wine menu is super as well!! The staff was charming and attentive. I'll definitely be going back!