“Solid quality but pricey for Gainesville” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gainesville, Florida
“Solid quality but pricey for Gainesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stonewood Tavern has consistently good food and drinks. It is a nice restaurant that will give a good impression to people you take there. But, it is also one of the more expensive restaurants for Gainesville and that results in a bit of an older crowd.

Visited June 2012

Gainesville, Florida
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stonewood rarely disappoints. It's not stellar but I know I can count on this place for a decent meal.

We love their blue cheese chips and seared ahi. Fish is always good and their salads are tasty. Ample wine list and their desserts are worthwhile if you have the room.

We were surprised by my fillet on our last visit - seems like they may have changed their seasoning. I can't say I liked the change and will probably order something else next time.

Visited July 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“"Quality" Pretty much says it all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had my graduation lunch here. There were about 12 of us but the service was just as good had we come in with 4 or 5 people. The food was very good and the portions were generous. Plus, when we got the bill it was much less than we were expecting. I think this place is very underrated!

• Visited May 2012
Gainesville, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stonewood offers delicious meals of steak seafood salads and appetizers. Their cocktail and wine menu is super as well!! The staff was charming and attentive. I'll definitely be going back!

Dunnellon, Fla
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We recently visited the Stonewood in Gainesville and had the same great food and service we have enjoyed at their Ormond Beach location. The service was spot on, there when you need them, away when you don't. I had the BEST salmon I have ever eaten. Their small portion menus are perfect for me.

• Visited June 2012