“If you love sushi, you'll love Dragonfly”

Dragonfly Sushi & Sake Co Incorporated
Ranked #8 of 583 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 1st St.
Transit: Centered in the heart of downtown Gainesville, multiple public bus routes drop you off at Dragonfly's doorstep. All local hotel shuttles also make downtown Gainesville a frequent stop. Check with your concierge for special Dragonfly VIP offers.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Dragonfly does sushi and does it right. This visit was typical of my visits here = great sushi, enjoyable atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices.

Nuff said.

There are newer reviews for Dragonfly Sushi & Sake Co Incorporated

Reviewed June 26, 2013

From sushi to others great Asian dishes, the food there is simply great. I highly recommend the Wa-Gyu Carpaccio, which is made from a very special Japanese beef, cooked medium rare.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We reserved for 9 people for dinner and when we arrived there the hostess said that somebody erase the reservation. She offered a table outside waiting 1 hour. It was raining and we left to another restaurant. We felt really disappointed with their customer service.
Hadbeen many times at this restaurant and has not been disappointed. Always Good service, good food. But this time was really bad experience with the reservation service.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am not a big sea food guy so I have never been into sushi. My wife is the polar opposite and loves the stuff. I reluctantly took her here one night and was very pleasantly surprised. For a nice restaurant in downtown Gainesville, I didn't think the prices were that bad either ($7-$11 range per roll). My wife had two rolls that she really enjoyed - don't remember the names but one had shrimp and the other crab. I got one with steak and one with chicken - steak was good but the chicken was excellent. Good, friendly service as well.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Where do I start? Everything was incredibly tasty in a perfect Japanese atmosphere! A great place to try while visiting UF & celebrating achievements. My recommendations are as follows: DRINKS ~ the Mo-j-O.J., Pandora's Box, Cucumber Compulsion, and the spicy Chili-Orange Caipirinha. DINNER MENU ~ Miso Black Cod, SUPERB!, Stir Fry U-10 Scallops, Dragonfly Short Ribs, & NY Strip Negimaki. ROLLS: The Volcano Roll (best I've ever had!), The Mango Tango, The Bomb, The Dragonfly, and for the landlubber---The Black & Bleu roll. DESSERTS: Tempura Cheese Cake is incredible! (Sorry, but I'm not a sake fan, so I can't guide you there....)