Dragonfly Sushi & Sake Co Incorporated
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 1st St.
Transit: Centered in the heart of downtown Gainesville, multiple public bus routes drop you off at Dragonfly's doorstep. All local hotel shuttles also make downtown Gainesville a frequent stop. Check with your concierge for special Dragonfly VIP offers.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My favorite sushi restaurant anywhere! I love Dragonfly. Try the warm spinach salad and the edeme beans! Great sushi rolls...you can't miss. I love the huge outdoor patio along the historic Hippodrome area of Gainesville.

There are newer reviews for Dragonfly Sushi & Sake Co Incorporated

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My second visit to Dragonfly Sushi and Sake in a year. Went on a business recruiting trip with my company and Dragonfly continues to satisfy. The place is located downtown Gainesville, FL and has free valet parking or you can park across the street in the parking garage. The food is of great quality and the service is top notch. The atmosphere is loud and exciting. Do not go here looking for a romantic dinner for two. I really enjoyed the godzilla roll, crunch roll, dragonfly roll, big boss, and mango tango.

1  Thank tluehr1
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the second time we return to this amazing restaurant. The food is absolutely fabulous. The ambiance perfect! We ate so much food. We love it! Next time I go I must eat again the Dragonfly roll and the Briased short ribs - the meat was so good it melted in our mouths. We ordered them again.
A great place to go. The waiters are university students. So you might be served by a future doctor, dentist, teacher etc.
We are always served by our favorite waiter Shane Decker. If he is not there we won't go. This young handsome man will be the future Donald Trump for sure. Polite, proper and professional Shane is the kind of person you want in your business.
This place is fantastic and we can't wait to go again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We went to Dragonfly last night with another couple. There was a short wait and they asked for our phone number to call us when the table was ready. This was a nice idea instead of handing me a vibrating brick. We went over to the bar to kill 10 minutes. The bartender looks up at us and says "why is everybody looking at me, I feel like a piece of meat" and then walks away. I don't know if it was his first day or what but when people are at a bar with no drink and are looking at the bartender, they are usually wanting to order a drink! We were sat with an excellent female server. She was very attentive to our needs. Dragonfly has the best sushi and ambiance in Gainesville. I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm VERY picky about sushi and I was pleased with the fare we ordered at Dragonfly. We followed the servers suggestion and ordered multiple rolls (I forget the names but pretty outlandish) and he was spot-on. The atmosphere was fun and hip and the cocktails were good although perhaps a little small. Great Saki as well. Best place for sushi in downtown G'ville.