“College town sushi with a twist”

Dragonfly Sushi & Sake Co Incorporated
Ranked #7 of 570 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 1st St.
Transit: Centered in the heart of downtown Gainesville, multiple public bus routes drop you off at Dragonfly's doorstep. All local hotel shuttles also make downtown Gainesville a frequent stop. Check with your concierge for special Dragonfly VIP offers.
Atlanta, Georgia
“College town sushi with a twist”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Lots of energy and vibe for a Wednesday evening. Just what you'd expect for a college town. The only thing to beware is the naming of sushi rolls... What most of us know as a Rainbow roll is a Techno roll. A number of other confusing names. Just be persistent and you'll get some great rolls that area familiar in taste!

“the place to eat in gainesville”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place was buzzing on a Tuesday night. Sushi seemed fresh and delicious. Sat at the Sushi bar, and it took a little bit to get a menu. Would like to return one day and try the other menu. Definitely the place to go in Gainesville.

• Visited August 2012
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always lives up to the hype”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

For those of us young professionals in Gainesville, I think Dragonfly will always hold a special place in our hearts. I got into UF 10 years and stayed in Gainesville after graduation and Dragonfly has been the hottest restaurant in town the ENTIRE time. It boggles my mind that they can remain THE hotspot in town for so long.

The key to Dragonfly’s success is that they are so much more than a beautiful restaurant full of beautiful people. Their food, and particularly their sushi, is amazing. I can name 10 rolls off the top of my head that I am in complete love with. Their tapas style makes dining with friends a blast and you get to try so many different flavors while enjoying one complete meal.

If you go on a weekend night, expect a wait. That said, the wait is almost half the fun. Their bartenders are all great and their drinks are first class. By the time your table is ready, you will be hungry and ready for an amazing meal!

They also offer delivery through Doorstep Delivery which I am thankful for. Dragonfly is one of those rare restaurants that always lives up to the hype.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank minihelmets
“Great Restaurant, Bad Visit”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have frequented this restaraunt several times in the past year. I always love the food and the atmosphere and generally the service. However on my last visit, my girlfriend and I came in within five minutes of closing (upon the insisting of the hostess) We were reluctant to enter because the last thing we wanted to do was impose. That being said we still expected the same service regardless of when we arrived. The service was less than what we had anticipated. Our server was very blunt when informing us it was last call (we were obviously aware). The menu item we both ordered listed items in the plural form. We received only one of each item in our orders. No doubt the kitchen was less than enthused to accommodate us. The main issue I had with our visit is that we were not asked one single time, at all how any of the food or the drinks we ordered were. That is one simple thing a server can do to make or break a visit. Displeased to say the least. However all of my previous visits have been awesome and I will continue to frequent this restaurant whenever I can.

Florida
“A Must!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We highly recommend Dragonfly. This was our first visit and the waitress was excellent taking her time to explain their menus. It's kind of a Japanese fusion tapas style -- the food was extraordinary. The sashimi was delicious! We enjoyed a very "slow" dinner and never felt rushed by staff. We will be back.

Visited July 2012