“Great bartender; Great martinis!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #383 of 574 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great bartender; Great martinis!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was a bit put off at first as we requested a booth & were told by the "Maitre 'D there were none available, only to see two empty ones near the table we were directed to. I again asked for a booth since there were obviously two empty. Our waiter quickly began to seat us at one when the "Maitre'D" showed up with a group of young people headed for the same table. There seemed to be some friction so, not wanting to cause trouble I asked if there was a problem. Our waiter assured us there was not & took our drink orders. (The group was seated at the other booth.) I am very particular about martinis & requesterd a certain brand of gin. The waiter came back with the sad news that they did not have Bombay & asked if I would like something else. I was willing to settle for Tanqueray when I noticed the petite mixologist opening a bottle with a red & white label. She specifically went to the stock room to get a bottle of Bombay for me even though it was a Friday night & they were very busy. Then she proceeded to make me the best martini I've every had (except the ones I make myself) The meal was fine, they got my steak right (RARE) & we went home happy. I just felt we were discriminated against by the Maitre'D as we are not college students but are 60+. I had tried to make reservations but was told Applebee's doesn't accept them. Made me wonder if the guy was saving booths for his friends against policy. I would have liked to have a word with him. I gave them excellent on service because of the waiter & bartender. I'd give the Maitre'D a zero.

• Visited November 2013

Gainesville, Florida
“Food & waitstaff”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everytime my wife & I visit this restaurant the food is fantastic the wait staff is on top of things & all for a great price.

• Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Not a place for steak”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had the new items which have a choice of salad & entree or 2 entrees--three of us dined. Steak was cool, potatoes were cold and greasy. The salad was served with little dressing. Called for the manager--he apologized and said he would not eat steak here either--it turned out he was a kitchen manager! Additionally the service was poor.

• Visited July 2013
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Not as Fun as it use to be”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We will try an Applebee's only when we can't find a NEW PLACE to try. And this time we went 20 miles out of our way :P. The drinks we ordered were incorrect and had to be sent back. The Riblette basket was okay, but you would think at 6 p.m. they could serve FRESH fries with it. The Steak was ordered Medium RARE, instead it came WELL DONE, but with good sides. Food was not sent back as we were hungry. Staff was new, but she was not the Cook. This will not be a place to stop again on our list.

• Visited May 2013
“L-O-N-G lunch”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

When our lunch was served, only 3 of our party of 4 received their meal. With repeated assurances (by the waitress and the manager) that the fourth lunch would be forthcoming, it took more than 40 minutes for the food to appear. Aside from the fact the food at this location is subpar, you may not expect your lunch to take more than two hours. The whole experience ruined a meeting that should have been pleasant. My family is dealing with enough heartache without this aggravation. I strongly recommend that you avoid this restaurant unless you wish to spend half you life waiting for food.

• Visited May 2013