“Don't ask, wheres the beef, it's at this restaurant!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #281 of 577 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Panama City, Florida
“Don't ask, wheres the beef, it's at this restaurant!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good service and great food, for a fair price! My wife is extremely picky about how her steak is cooked. We usually send it back a couple of times. She has to have it very well done. At this restaurant they got it right the first time. WOW!!

Visited March 2012

Gainesville, Florida
“we go here alot”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

on our anniversary we love outback best blooming onion ever

Visited February 2012
“Great steak, cooked to perfection.”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Had the 6oz Victoria Fillet. Cooked perfectly, tender &tasted great.

Gainesville, FL
“Outback has lost some of its mojo...”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This location does not do a good job with steaks. Our prime rib was undercooked. We ordered it medium as a compromise b/c my husband and I were splitting it (I like medium-well; he likes medium-rare). What we got was really just a tad above rare so we had to send it back as it was even to red for my husband. There certainly wasn't any part of it I could eat. For taking as long as it did, I thought it would have been medium-well when it came back, but it was actually solidly medium -rare. Very disappointing...I ended up only having about 1/4th of it.

Outside the steak incident, their Alice Springs quesadillas are delicious. I also love their Aussie fries as well. So now when we go (usually b/c out of town guests want to or we have a coupon/gift card), we stick to mulitple appetizers and avoid the steaks (a shame for what was a formerly solid steakhouse restaurant).

• Visited February 2012
keystone heights, fl
“Used to be a "Looked Forward To" dining location”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

When Outback first got started - it was a sought after, wait an hour & a half, dining out experience. Somehow, over time, it just seems to have lost it's sense of anything special. When dining out and wanting a great casual steakhouse experience, we will always chose Texas Roadhouse over Outback these days. Just went to this Outback recently, only because we had a Christmas Gift Card. Well, we still have it. Not because the food was bad - but because the service was so poor. I would mostly chaulk it up to just our waitress (obviously a young college student who spent too much time chatting up her contemporaries at another table in our section) But due to the loss of her attention we asked ANOTHER waitress for a very basic request and were apparently ignored by BOTH, as we never got our requested refill from either server. After sitting and watching the clock to see how long it would take to be checked on again, for the first time in my almost 50 years, we got up and simply left the restaurant. We will definitely try to use our Gift Certificate again at some point - but I can assure you it will be at a different Outback location. Also, I will thank the folks that gave us the Gift Certificate and tell them that our Texas Roadhouse neighboring location FAR outperforms the Outback location.