“Unfriendly”
Review of Leonardo's 706

Leonardo's 706
Ranked #30 of 588 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Went there for graduation lunch. We brought a little cake to share after lunch. Manager went ballistic. Told us they were short of plates! (We used 6) She charged us $16 "cakeage fee". And then charged an 18% gratuity on top of that! Mediocre food. We will never go back.

1  Thank FreqTrv

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We went to Leonardo's 706 with a group for a graduation celebration today. We each paid for a full meal and drinks, and afterwards, we shared a cake we brought with us to celebrate the grads. We were approached by a waitress, who had been difficult to locate up to that point, to chastise us for using extra buffet plates for the cake and to tell us that there would be a "cakeage" fee. She added $15 to our bill even though we were not told in advance of this policy. This is not a good way to get repeat business in my opinion.

1  Thank Terdav
Reviewed April 16, 2014

706 has by far my most favorite chocolate desserts in Gainesville! Chocolate Expresso Torte is #1 but now is only available by "call ahead" ordering. I often order the whole torte for a special occasion. Chocolate Mousse Pie is outstanding as is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.

Their pizzas, salads, and fish dishes are also great!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten here many times and more recently began hosting client dinners for groups of 10-18. Whether dining just the two of us, or entertaining a group, Leonardo's is consistently great!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

706 has been around Gainesville longer that us. There may be better in town but not on a consistent basis. For so many years the food here has never disappointed. It is our favorite for sure and when we try to decide to eat out 706 is always on thee list.

If I had a beef with 706 it would be bread, the sauces just cry out to be sopped up from the dish. I know that have some butter dripped rolls but good bread would be nice and I'd pay. I've told my wife maybe BYOB would work (bring your own bread) but she says if we went to diner and I had a baguette from Upper Crust with me she wouldn't go.