“Casual, creative and best brunch buffet anywhere”
Review of Leonardo's 706

Leonardo's 706
Ranked #40 of 570 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Gainesville, Florida
“Casual, creative and best brunch buffet anywhere”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A mainstay in Gainesville, Leonardo's 706 is perfect for a weeknight or date night, with terrific and creative pizzas, a variety of interesting and delicious pasta dishes, great salads and wonderful specials. Fabulous beyond words is their Sunday brunch -- our favorite of any we have had anywhere -- a real showcase for Chef Mark Newman's impressive cooking -- everything from house smoked salmon, blintzes, chicken dishes to a world of delicious fruit and vegetable salads. Don't miss this!

Visited January 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“Italian with a big plus”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were in Gainesville on a getaway and pretty unfamiliar with the town when we spotted Leonardo's. I had my wife pull it up on TA and the reviews were pretty good so.....
We went back for dinner and found the place totally to our liking. Really good Italian coupled with very reasonable pricing and flawless service from the waitstaff. Very nice decorating, art, and a more than decent wine list completed the picture. When we were finished eating we were still not ready to leave so we drifted into the colorful bar for a little jazz and one last wine. What else could you ask for, especially in a college town where there can be some decidedly mediocre dining.
We're sure to go back!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tfpape
Atlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Dinner”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I were in Gainesville visiting our children at UF and used TripAdvisor to find a restaurant close to campus that isn't a chain or cafeteria-style (not that we don't love seeing where our kids eat). This place was exactly what we were looking for -- a comfortable booth for the four of us, a nice wine and pasta with seafood. Our kids both got some variation of pasta with chicken and a cream sauce. What more can I say? Everyone left happy.

Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Italian Place”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Leonardo's is known for their good quality Italian food. Most of my meals eaten out are for lunch....and they did not offer a lunch. So, I do not get to eat there as often as I might if they would consider offering a lunch menu and being open for folks that would like to go there during business hours.

“Like Going on Vacation”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I don't travel out-of-town very often because of my work, so when I go to Leonardo's 706 to have dinner and listen to live music, it's like being in a NYC restaurant. Classy decor that doubles as a gallery for local artists, excellent wine and lively service. Why aren't there more places like this in Gainesville??! As for the food, they have one of the best Caesar salads in town and THE best pasta dishes. If I can stay away from their dangerously delicious garlic rolls, I'll order the Chicken Mona Lisa or the Pasta Madagascar with blackened grouper. When I went to dinner last Monday night, I was in the mood for something lighter and was very pleased with the Organic salad and scallop skewer. All around, I've never been disappointed at Leonardo's.

• Visited January 2013