“Great spot!”
Review of Leonardo's 706

Leonardo's 706
Ranked #30 of 588 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Reviewed May 6, 2011

One of the best restaurants in Gainesville. Great atmosphere, food, and service. I recently learned it has been in Gainesville since the '70s! It's nice to see a family-run place last so long and continue to succeed. To me, there's something special about enjoying a great local spot, getting away from the ever-growing chains!

From beginning to end the meal was awesome. Salad and fish are killer! The Mussels are a must-do!! If they have the Chilean Seabass when you are there, don't think twice - I want to say they only run that as a special but I could be wrong. My girlfriend got the blackened grouper and that was also delicious.

All in all we had a great evening and I look forward to eating there again. I also hear they have a great brunch on Sundays, can't wait to check it out!

1  Thank scharmon

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I ate at Leonardo's 706 during the University of Florida's graduation weekend. The place was packed and I am sure that the staff was stressed out. That withstanding, the service was immaculate and the food was excellent as always. The management at 706 has a good eye for competant, personable, and unique servers that are perfectly suited to sell the eclectic food served at this Mediterranean-Seafood Pizza place (my best attempt at a genre). I enjoyed my food, my drinks (try the Floridian martini), and my dessert (hot apple pie with cinnamon ice cream that are both homemade). I had an excellent experience.

1  Thank Cworthiman
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I travel often and this weekend found myself in Gainsville, Fl attending my neice's graduation. We manage to get a reservation at Leonardo's 706 on University Avenue. The food was progressive and amazing. I was delighted to see that a university town had a restaurant that offered menu items you would only see in larger cities. The salmon pizza with caviar and capers is one of the best things I've ever eaten. We were able to share this as an appetizer and the entrees did not disappoint. If you are ever in Gainsville do yourself a favor and stop by. This restaurant is truly a gem and stands alone in this town. The manager Aaron made sure that our dining experience was one we will remember and made this special occasion a great one.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I love 706 every time I go. It's great for special occasions: they have amazing fish dishes and a great filet, but also tasty on a random Tuesday night: pizzas, pasta and salads are unique, delicious and not expensive. My favorites are the Pasta Madagascar and Vegetable Lover's Salad and chocolate cake-gotta save room for dessert! Their buffet on Sundays is also amazing, with breakfast and lunch items and things you've never seen before. Plus they give away free muffins, juice and potato pancakes to everyone at brunch.
Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed February 2, 2011

Have been here several times and love the food for its variety and consistency. Small and dark it may be, but we have never had a problem.