“Upscale intown”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hawthorne, Florida
“Upscale intown”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been here twice and enjoyed it each time. A very creative menu, perhaps a little over priced. Great bar and fun drinks too! Ambience is South Beach-ish with many televisions scattered through the building. As others have said, there is absolutely nothing left of CJ's (thank goodness). I have not had a problem with wait staff, but the last time I went I need a walker to get around and the greeter placed us down one set of stairs then up another. Reallly? Doesn't appear to be very handicap friendly. Other than that, recommend it highly. Can be hard to get into late evenings as it has become a see and be seen place

• Visited August 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
“Tap Table and good small bites keep us in the ring”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

KC Crave location makes it a convenient location. Each of the small bites plates has gone well for us: sliders, rangoon, potato chips. Vietnamese salad and chicken dishes remain tasty, and the soups surprisingly good. If the waiters/waitresses up their game, it will help in time for celebration after fall football games. Wine prices appear reasonable, microbrews variety very nice - though a frequent flier program might help.

• Visited August 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Fun place for an adult night out in Gainesville”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This was a very refreshing place to eat at for a date night experience. The restaurant is very hip and the atmosphere is catered to an adult experience. The food was very good. Portion sizes are not meant for over-eaters but for a casual experience. I was very impressed with this restaurant, but wouldn't recommend it for younger kids.

Gainesville, Florida
“Go for drinks and tunes”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Don't worry that it is in the old CJ's space...all of that nastiness is gone now! It is a beautiful looking restaurant and bar now.
The bartenders and the drinks are excellent. The servers - not so much. The food is OK. A couple weeks ago I had a cup of the beer cheese soup and it was awesome! I was so excited to have it again last week and it was some of the worst soup I've ever had...it tasted like they served me a bowl of warmed up cheese whiz. I'm still curious as to how that could happen so quickly, but I doubt I'll be getting that again. I've tried a few of the other items and they are fine, no complaints nor anything to write home about.
But I love the atmosphere, the drinks and the live music...so I will definitely be coming here again - after dinner.

SW Florida
“Great night spot in Gainesville”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

KC Crave was recommended to us by some locals and when they told us the locations, I had my doubts. They have done a beautiful job on the renovation! Nice upscale interior. We arrived with a loud, fun loving crowd and had a blast. We sat upstairs after enjoying a couple of drinks outside. We got several sharing plates and all were very good. We are all excited about our next trip to Gainesville. KC Crave will be on the top of our list!