“Great night spot in Gainesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mix Bistro - CLOSED

The Mix Bistro
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
SW Florida
“Great night spot in Gainesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

KC Crave was recommended to us by some locals and when they told us the locations, I had my doubts. They have done a beautiful job on the renovation! Nice upscale interior. We arrived with a loud, fun loving crowd and had a blast. We sat upstairs after enjoying a couple of drinks outside. We got several sharing plates and all were very good. We are all excited about our next trip to Gainesville. KC Crave will be on the top of our list!

Gainesville, Florida
“Gorgeous place -- fun spot for a night on the town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

KC Crave is a newcomer to the Gainesville dining scene and it has obviously made a big splash. It replaced Calico Jack's which was a legendary Gainesville spot which had deteriorated into a dive bar over the years. Well, what a shock to see how much has changed for the better! The layout is very impressive, much like a big city club or restaurant. I do feel that the food and drinks are a bit overpriced (at least for my budget) so I will confine my visits here to special occasions. Top marks otherwise.

Palm Harbor, Florida
“I wouldn't get all gooey over this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Sharing plates if your not hungry. I guess I am not a fan of this place. I had never been to the restaurant before it became KC Crave but from what I hear it went through quite a renovation. The interior is interesting with an upscale feel with a lot of bar like TV's. Interesting. Ordered the sliders to begin with, why three when most tables are either 2 or 4. They were small but good. Ordered the house salad and that was the only item that was a sharable size. Overall I would say the salad was very good. Next we ordered the bacon wrapped tenderloin and the newburg sirloin. Overall the entrees were extremely disappointing. How can they say they are sharing if one person would go hungry after eating the entrée. The waitress was okay, I wouldn't say great service or poor service. Would I go back, no way. I think they need to re-look at the menu and the concept and portion sizes before I go back.

Gainesville, Florida
“A Nice Addition to the Gainesville Social Scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband received a gift certificat to KC Crave for placing in a golf tournament. When he brought it home I doubted we'd ever use it since, 1) I thought it was a pretty stupid name - it didn't tell me anything, and 2) it was in the old CJ's and I KNEW there was no way anyone would ever get the nasty beer / oyster smell out of there. Well, color me judgemental and sheepish!
Last Sunday, my daughter, her girlfriend and I went around 7:30 and were seated on the top floor. I was knocked out by what the owners were able to accomplish in that really dank space. It was intimate yet roomy, great lighting, clean lines - just a beautiful space overall. I personally liked the music (jazzy, bluesy) and it didn't drown out conversation. Between the three of us, we ordered the Tsunami Chips (a must do and more than enough for 4-6), the sliders, the crab wontons, the panko chicken, the Crabby Diane and the fried cinnamon cheesecake with ice cream. The girls had two glasses of the house Cab and the total bill was just shy of $90 which I thought fair considering we had to go boxes also! Our waiter, DaShawn, was a delight and attentive without bein suffocating. I never felt neglected or fawned over, which is a hard balance for some waitstaff to balance. While I hadn't bother to bring the gift certificates, I won't forget them the next visit (SOON!) and I'd be happy to go without them!

1 Thank Poppy M
Gainesville, Florida
“Excellent Food/Excellent Venue/Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well, folks, let me tell you my husband and I were a little skeptical about dining at KC Crave simply because it is located where CJ's (Calico Jacks) was previously located and CJ's was absolutely the most disgusting, filthy and worthless venue in Gainesville. With that being said - OMG! KC Crave totally remodeled the venue with very modern, chic furniture and lighting and added some very unique features as well. I had the Panko Chicken and my husband had the Crabby Diane and both of these dishes were superb. The Crave Salald is to die for! I'm going to be honest, it is a little pricey but the food was so flavorful and delicious it was worth every penny! We enjoyed the atmosphere so much that we decided to stop by again the next day to grab a quick drink after work and they have excellent happy hour prices on drinks AND you get complimentary hummus and crackers! WOW! Now we can't wait to go there on a Friday or Saturday when they have live music! I think we have found our new favorite place in Gainesville!

• Visited June 2013