“Sometimes Good, Sometimes Bad..”

The Winghouse of Gainesville
Ranked #279 of 583 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This Winghouse can't make up its mind. Sometimes it will treat you like they want you there. Then there are the times it will treat you like go away you pain. The first time I went there everything was great. The second time, everything was bad from the service to soggy nasty greasy wings. After a 3 or 4 month boycott. I visited them again. They were excellent. A week later we returned. We sat down and waited about ten minutes, no service. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. When I returned my wife said nobody had come out to serve us yet. We could see several waitresses socializing with each other. We left to eat elsewhere. We ate at Ale house. Located across the street. They were great..

1  Thank BillC383
There are newer reviews for The Winghouse of Gainesville

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ate there not to long ago. Expensive for what you get. If I am going to pay that much for wings a much better choice is Gators Dockside. Better wings (naked, breaded or grilled) and have AYCE on Mondays. Scooter sauce is my choice.
Our waitress just looked at us like we had two heads when we asked about drinks specials. Flagged down another lady and she gave told us exactly what we wanted to know.
Probably will stay in business because of I-75 traffic, but we won't be headed back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere and service was good. Disappointed in food. Ordered naked wings, small and not much meat. Should have ordered breaded.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Sit away from the door. On a chilly day, at the bar, brrrrrrr. The door opens up right behind you. But, other than that. Perfect, as always. Close to our Cabot Lodge Hotel. Close to everything.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

is it just me, or is wing house a hooters with a change of color? even the tables with the thick acrylic tops and barstools are the same, all the way down to the waitresses skimpy shorts. service is on par and you are greeted by a bivey of ladies at the door. adult beverage selection is decent, could use more imports and or microbrews, then again i'm a beer nerd. once again the food, selection, and the quality are reminders of hooters. the sauce selection is ok, i still have a hard time finding an atomic sauce that is hot enough though, and sauces appear to be premade and not made on site. pricing is on par with other resturants in the area. but you have to get 20 to 25 or more wings to get two sauces with your meal. not my first pick for a dinner choice but i would meet friends or family there if someone wants to give it a try