“A Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My brother and I tried Chomps yesterday for the first time. I was not expecting much, and I am pleased to say that my expectations were wrong. From the cheerful and helpful staff to an excellent prime rib and shrimp dinner to an extremely pleasant ambiance, Chomps was a wonderful dining experience. Additionally, my brother also stated that the red house wine was remarkably good and quite a steal during the 2 for 1 happy hour which runs from 2 until 7. In the words of McArthur, "I shall return."

There are newer reviews for Chomps Sports Grill

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We, as a party of 5 stopped by on a recommendation. I ordered the prime rib and asked for the 8-ounce size serving and I also asked for an end cut if available. What arrived was a perfectly cooked end cut liberally sized at about 20 ounces. i was magnificently seasoned and additionally provided a healthy sized steak sandwich the next day. Served with sauteed spinach, which needed a little something, don't know what, and a nicely sized Caesar salad. All for $12.95 plus tax/tip. All other meals in our party served with equal quality and aplomb. Service staff was timely and perky. One newbie was training and did just fine. Thanks for the nice time and we'll all be back again. Maybe next time for happy hour which we missed.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit here. I was pleasantly surprised by the delicious cedar-plank salmon which is one of my favorite dishes. I had my doubts about ordering it at a sports bar but I must say that Chomps did me right. It's a big place and the service can be a bit spotty if you are sitting far away from the service area but the staff was pleasant and the place was clean. A good job overall.

1  Thank Vicky T
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hostess Bader helped introduce this sports bar to us during a quiet time before the Gator chomp starts. Prime rib salad, wings, smoked salmon dip, beer and wine made for good eating and a fine good time. Apparently owned by the nearby Wahoo restaurant, this location remains an option. Bring on the wings. And the Gamecocks if not the Cardinals.

1  Thank wil b
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Chomps recently opened in what was previously Joe's Place. To be honest, about the only thing that has changed is an upgraded bar, a coat of paint and a few more tables. If you want a quick place to stop and grab drinks for happy hour, I would recommend coming here. I would not recommend the food at all. No flavor, no presentation, and not worth the $$ you pay. I was hoping for something better since it is so near our home. Oh, well, this place won't last so maybe the next place that ends up in this location will be better.

2  Thank Tgator