“MUCH more than a pool hall”
Review of Chomps Sports Grill - CLOSED

Chomps Sports Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Florida
“MUCH more than a pool hall”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

There are two dining rooms other than the sports-bar. They are casual, clean, quiet and comfortable. As others say, the salad bar is above average. I had the Smoky Mountain Chicken; grilled chicken breast topped with bacon, cheese, chopped tomatoes and scallions. There are 19 sides. Spouse had the famous Sirloin Steak Salad - a garden salad with slices of Sirloin and grilled vegetables in the center. I've also had the French Dip Roast Beef sandwich and thought it was great. Friends have one of the 12 different specialty burgers every time. For dessert, we split a wedge of Snickers Cheese Cake.
The sports bar and pool room is behind a pair of full swinging doors. We were originally seated along the back wall, 6 1/2 inches from a TV in the bar playing a super-hero movie. The server pleasantly moved us across the room. Great casual place; good, interesting food.

• Visited October 2011

Lake City, Florida
“Happy, Happy, Happy!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I drove my neighbor to her doctor's appt. today and found this restaurant on tripadviosr.com that was near by. The reviews were pretty good and I pulled up their website and checked out the menu. Seemed like they had a good selection and thought I would give it a try. Wow...was it good ! The first thing I noticed that we were immediatley greeted when we walked in and seated. Our server immediately brought our menus and told us about the daily specials including the prices. I had read they had a great salad bar so I went over and checked it out before ordering. It was INCREDIABLE! So needless to say I ordered the all you can eat salad bar and shared an ordered of beer battered onion rings. The onion rings were some of the best I have ever had. My friend ordered the chicken fingers with fries and she said they were fantastic. The place appeared to be very clean and they didn't have loud music blasting so we could actually carry on a conversation. Our server was great making sure we had all we desired and withoug being a pest. We will be coming back really soon!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Debbie_fl
Gainesville, Florida
“Best salad bar in town and very large portions served”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

if you are a big eater Joe's Place gives huge plates of food. Also they have an extensive salad bar with soup included for a good price. Daily specials, locally owned and local ingredients makes Joe's Place one of my favorite restaurants in town.

• Visited July 2011
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Food And Great Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Great Food And The Service Is Even Better, Just Try To Go When Rose Or Elly Are Working, The Make The Experience That Much Better And Make You Feel Right At Home. Its Joes Place For The Average Joe

• Visited June 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food with great service!”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

The food is surprisingly good! The gator tail and buffalo sandwich is really good and so is the burger. The bartender Smoak at Panama Joes is awesome and he makes exceptional drinks, especially his margaritas or goombay smash's.

• Visited January 2011