“Ridiculously Good!”

Volta coffee
Ranked #3 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Oh gracious! I was a loyal, card-holding Starbucks coffee drinker until I met Volta. I don't know all the techniques, brands and knowledge behind the establishment known as Volta, but I know that it makes for ridiculously good coffee and espresso. The soy Latte is super smooth, almost nutty in flavor and in no need of sugar. Same for the Iced Cafe Au Lait (my current favorite). I typically like a healthy dose of sugar and/or cream in my coffee, but not at Volta.

Sometimes I visit Volta just to see what bakery goods are displayed. I love the themes & flavors even if a little odd at times. Beets, maybe not. Pineapple, figs, and mango? Definitely. Scones and bagelbombs are the typical daily options. Special days might be a cause to display cake, cookies, brownies, bread pudding, and parfaits. I didn't particularly like their granola--too chalky in taste for me.

It's a hipster joint, but the staff are typically pretty cool, the place is bright and open, and the taste is unforgettable.

2  Thank BreezyWeekends

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Always a great cup of coffee or New York Egg Cream bringing in delicious flavors in pour over style, handcrafted. I don't even like plain espresso but they have some that I can tolerate enough to smile and rave about. Their hours vary so you'll want to either call or check their website or Facebook for updates. Also homemade there are many pastries and cookies worth noting. Make sure to stop in and enjoy the experience. Oh, and free WiFi too!!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Get this.....a handcrafted coffee...beans ground...placed in a warmed filter carafe...first a little water then a little more...then it is just right. Forget the cream and sugar, how could I make that any better.
Unhurried and refreshing atmosphere
I am coming back to try the Mayan Chocolate!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Volta's coffee and espresso are unparalleled, at least I have not had anything like it. They keep track of what is in season and only serve what is fresh, which means the selection is always changing but all of the options are quite good.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The coffee was really good, cappuccino and chocolate too. Good selection of cakes cookies and other sweets and there were coffee tastings every week. Cultural events take place there, from poetry to music.