“used to be ok”

Pho Ha Noi
Ranked #276 of 594 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place was ok a couple of years ago but the last two times I went, all of the servers are in the front chatting and playing on their cel phones. I stood there for about three minutes and finally whistled to one of them to get me a table. My drink was never refilled and there was maybe only two other parties. They have chicken instead of pork dumplings and the excuse was some people cant eat pork. Also ive had pho before and this aint it. This place really went downhill after that one Vietnamese dude left and they hired a bunch of idiot college kids.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

It should be called Faux Hanoi. This used to be a great place, but the food is completely different now, and the service is horrible. The food is no longer authentic (broccoli di rabe in Singapore Noodles?), and is bland and tasteless, especially the pho. In the same dish, the vegetables were both over- and under-cooked, which can only mean that they were dumped into the wok without regard to their cooking time...not exactly a sign of an experienced chef. With fewer than a half-dozen parties, at 1 pm, the two servers were nowhere to be found, and indifferent when they were around. My glass sat empty on the edge of my table for over 20 minutes as the servers walked past repeatedly, and studiously avoided letting me catch their eye. Once I'd paid the bill, I ceased to exist.

1  Thank HNeilM