“Avoid this! Dirty! Rude staff!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Budget Inn - Gainesville
Budget Inn - Gainesville
Ranked #40 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Wooster, Ohio
“Avoid this! Dirty! Rude staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in Gainesville last weekend on a several day road trip. Without checking reviews I stopped and got a room here. Paid the clerk 72$ at wich time I was handed they key to the room and the remote to the TV. Apon going down to are room we noted a group of young men (shirtless, aprrox 4 of them, standing outside there room smoking and socializing) and a older gentlemen that appeared intoxicated and laying half in- half out his doorway. The young men also had no problem attempting to stop me and talk offering me alchol. Then when me and my friend entered the room we immediatley noticed it was not what we expected. Everything was ver out dated (nothing like the photos). The bathroom was manageable but there was noted to be dirt piled up around the bath tub even tho the bath itself looked clean. The lighting was very poor and we both agreeded that it would be difficult to get ready for an evening out. I then looked at the bed (alwaasy the 1st thing I do regardless of hotel, price of hotel, ect.) When I pulled the corner of the bed back i noted an excessive amt of hair under the fitted sheet and dust. Then I noted in the dresser a stack of condoms (not used). The whole impression I got of the hotel was it could have been a really nice rent by the hour type of place. All this occured over about 25 minutes at wich time I took the key back the front desk and told them I needed to check out immediatley due to the cleanliness. The man running the front desk and the woman behind the front desk immediatley became deffensive. The man told me he would "have to check the room out first" He then went to the room and came back a short time later saying that he found no hair on the beds. They did offer me another room but we declined. At that time the man offered me 50 of my 72$ back and stated that it was because the bed had been unmade. I informed him that the beds had not been sat on and that only the corner was pulled back to check for cleanliness and that i reccommended the sheets and bedding be changed regardless. Also when i continued and stated that the lamp shade had several months/years of dust on it i was told "Thats common in Flordia there is alot of pollen and dust in the air." I then informed them that if I did not get a full refund my credit card company would dispute the charge. The man slammed my recipt down and closed the glass to the front desk giving me no refund and the woman began yelling at me in a foriegn language. Overal the experince could have been dirtier but I believe the only cleaning that gets done is spot cleaning so new customers cant tell where previous guest have been. I would not allow my children to touch anything in this place had they been there.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you have any allergies to dust or if packets of condoms in a drawer offeneds you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KarissaD387

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tifton, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked this room last minute after my reservation was cancelled at another local hotel. Being game day weekend it was very hard to find a room at a reasonable price. After searching I found this hotel. The owners were very nice and helpful. Room looked wonderful and was very spacious. It was very clean and smelled amazing as well. I was soooo amazed at the find. I was hesitant at first after reading the first review about the hotel not honoring the reservation fee online. They honored mine with no problem. If you looking for room for a few nice at a very good price this is your place!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kimberly J
Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Booked a room for 55.00 for 2 doubles with sofa bed on-line.For the Gator game Sept. 22, 2012. Called to confirm with the hotel and Mr. Patel told me the rate was 65.00. I called booking agent and she called hotel and he changed his tune. However when I checked in he gave me a different room (smaller). When i complained he told me i could have the room i reserved for 75.00!! We went to the game and called the bookin agent again, who called the hotel. They refused to honor my 55.00 rate! So I had them cancel and we went to a nicer & cheaper hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the Scottish Inn next door!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels