“Clean, Colorful, Friendly!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Most Mexican Restaurants are the same to me, the same choices and combos, so it gets down to the atmosphere, staff, cleanliness and a few basics like salsa, chips and guacamole for me. I did think all of the above is done very well at Chuy's in this college town of Gainesville. The food was fresh, I will give it that too, the shredded chicken in the Chalupa as part of the combo was fresh and not mush and was not mixed in with more sauce than chicken. The guacamole was a good as what I make at home, which my kids beg for! Now when my daughter gets homesick when I leave, she can come to Chuy's and order the guac!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well, so good for us splitting a meal and appetizers....the food is too good!! We started off with the chips and guacomole which was great. then had the enchilada plate then on to the burrito!! Finished it all and was wonderfully miserable the rest of the night!! The service was great at the bar and talked us into trying the new coconut 1800 tequila which was quite tasty too!! All of the sauces are tasty and I would suggest to get them all on the side and test them all out.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch. I had a watermelon margarita, and it was so tasty! Our waitress was friendly, accommodating, and attentive to us. I asked for a lunch special that was from the day before and they happily complied. The stuffed avocado was scrumptious (Monday lunch special), on a Tuesday! The chips and salsa were also wonderful. I also don't want to forget to mention the refried beans, best I 've ever had.
A super colorful and festive atmosphere, from the walls to the food.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have visited the original restaurant in Austin, TX and go to the restaurant locations in San Antonio, TX often. This Gainesville location has the same food, and pretty much tastes the same! Chuy's consistently has fantastic food, great service and unique decor. The Creamy Jalapeño is absolutely amazing, along with the enchiladas. I would definitely recommend Chuy's to anyone in Gainesville, or at other locations.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a very large group of 12 on a busy afternoon so keeping us replenished with salsa and chips was an initial challenge for them, but they eventually caught on and brought us several more bowls.

The menu is large and how can you not like a place that offers "The Elvis Presley Memorial Combo" (Beef Tex-Mex enchilada, cheese Ranchero enchilada, chicken Tomatillo enchilada, a
seasoned ground sirloin crispy taco & homemade tostada chips dipped in chile con queso). I ordered the "Comida Deluxe" combo (Cheese Tex-Mex enchiladas, chicken flautas, a seasoned ground sirloin crispy taco, guacamole & homemade tostada chips dipped in chile con queso). Portions are large (burritos looked like footballs) and prices reasonable.

The atmosphere is unique and festive with fake palm trees and a ceiling full of neat hubcaps in the room where we ate. There is no lunch menu, but the regular fare should have something to please almost anyone.