“ENJOYED OUR DINNER” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #15 of 564 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake City
“ENJOYED OUR DINNER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Since the restaurant has opened we have visited numerous times. Our first time the food wasn't as good, but since then we've had great experiences. The only negative is the salsa served with the chips. At times it can be very spicy. The wait staff has always been helpful and very friendly. One of them offered to bring us all the sauces to sample and now has me hooked on creamy jalapeno. We didn't ask, she offered. Except for the first entree I've been happy with the meals and I've tried several and really like the chicka-chicka boom-boom. My husband likes the burritos. For dessert I really enjoy the sopapillas. They're almost like my mom made, fluffy and light. Fill it with honey and it's just like I remember. The waitress was very good with the kids too and told them to go to the bar area to get free queso.

• Arabic first
Key West, Florida, USA
“Lauren and Aaron rock!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I sat at the bar tonight and had dinner. The bartenders Aaron and Lauren were incredibly efficient, nice and welcoming. Great food and inexpensive.
Check it out.

• Visited April 2013
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
“Love This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have these in Nashville and were surprised to see one in Gainesville. Great, fun place would good food and drinks. I had the steak burrito which is the spiciest thing they have in the menu, very good. The rest of the family had various things and all enjoyed it. A great way to finish off the feast is the Tres Leche topped with strawberries. Fantastic!

Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place was pretty good. Our food was good, fresh, large servings. The service was a little slow, however, our server was good. The atmosphere is kid friendly, couples, singles,exc. The prices were decent, range from $8.00-13.00. I would go back and I would recommend this place to others! I had combination #1, which was a taco, enchiladas and flautas. My enchiladas were cooked just right, taco, good and flautas were good. They also have a good kids menu. My daughter had the kids burrito. My daughter is a picky eater,,however,she enjoyed it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Update of previous review. Much better than the last visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tried Chuys again and was pleasantly suprised. Waitstaff was friendly as usual, but the food was better this go round. I had the "chuychanga" with tomatilla sauce and it was excellent. Still not crazy about their rice (too dry) and beans, but the entree, salsa, and chili con queso was very good. Will definitely go back. I hope they are consistent on quality and will keep you posted.