“Surprisingly Good!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Normally, I stay away from chain restaurants. Chuy's was a pleasant surprise. Excellent food, great service (thanks Kristina) and a good value. 2 adults and 4 kids all ate for under $45.

Salsa and cheese dip sampler was fantastic. Where else can you get 8-10 samples of all their sauces included with your meal?

I had the cheese chili rellano had a light tasty batter. Best in Gainesville. My wife had the homemade tortilla soup. Fabulous. Thanks again Kristina for the recommendation. We had the house margarita and it was also very good.

We will be back.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

There were quite a few restaurant options in this area - we picked this one as it looked like a good traditional mexican restaurant. I had the flour chicken tacos with rice & re-fried beans and my husband had the corn hard shell chicken tacos. The tacos were good as were the rice & re-fried beans. Chips were fresh and salsa was a little spicy. The only thing I did not like is there were too many green onions it seemed in everything - I usually ask to hold the onions, so this is my own fault! The service was great and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

So far, this is the best Mexican-food place in Gainesville that I've been to . The decor is 1950's Mexico, very fun. The menu is good, loved the blue corn tortillas that they use in many of the dishes. Portions are generous and prices are reasonable, and the service was great! And, of course, the food was very good, fresh and well prepared. I will definitely go back again!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We've always had great service here. Not really a chain. It 's essentially like the one in Austin Texas. The good is good, filling and reasonable price, I will go back.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

There was quite a long wait during prime time on a Saturday night after a Gators game....but we were able to snag a table in the bar area to save us some time since we were starving. The food & drinks were pretty standard Mexican fare...atmosphere was decent & lively.