“Best Sushi in Gainesville FL”

Mahzu Sushi & Grill
Ranked #96 of 606 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Mazhu does the best Sushi in Gainesville. The owners and staff there are great. So nice and polite to their customers. Every dish I have had here is really good. Sushi, Teriyaki, Udon Noodle soup, salads, Miso soup and Bento boxes. All good. Good luck getting in on the weekends though.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went there looking for sushi and sashimi. The place was clean and the food quality was good. I was a little unlucky to order one thing that turned out it didn't suit my taste, but it was not their fault. One complaint is that there was one waitress that seemed to be annoyed and didn't want to give services.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Mahzu is a nice little restaurant that has a good atmosphere for dates or going with a group of friends. The service is wonderful, no complaints here. When my date and I were even waiting for the sushi the waitress brought out a complimentary appetizer that was not expected at all. When the sushi arrived to our table it looked like a masterpiece, as they like to decorate it very nicely. Something you must go to see what I mean. The sushi was delightful and the fish was extremely fresh. I am glad I decided to go here for sushi!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The ambiance was ok, the server was not very friendly but everyone else was all smiles. The Williston roll was the BEST! The presentation of the sushi was gorgeous and the flavors were delicious. Nice dinner with my husband.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

So I have been to Mahzu like 4 times. I generally don't write bad reviews for restaurants, but the last time I went, I don't think a restaurant has ever made me more pissed off. While I generally enjoy the food I ordered here, this time I ordered the NabeYaki Yudon. It takes a lot for me to complain at a restaurant, as if it is somewhat edible I will eat it without fail. It was very bland. When I mean bland I mean they served noodles with water, chicken, bak choy, cooked egg, and 2 tempura shrimp on the side. I ate one of the fried shrimp and it was greasy and tasteless just like the soup. I gave the other fried shrimp to my friend who also thought it was tasteless and disappointing. I called the waiter over and requested that I really disliked my meal and wanted to order something else from the menu. Most restaurants (I use to own a couple myself) would immediately offer you to get something else. She went to talk to the owner and came back and told me that since I ate the 2 shrimps I can no longer get something else. If I do get something else, they will graciously take 50% off the NabeYaki Yudon I ordered otherwise I would have to pay full price. I told her that I would gladly pay the full price but they have lost my business. This is how you file chapter 11 and go out of business, the same reason why some people should not run a restaurant. I WILL NEVER BE BACK!!!

1  Thank Chino L