“A fun place for a casual meal”
Review of Pickled Pelican - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pickled Pelican
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Been here a couple of times and the service has been friendly and pretty quick. There are multiple TVs to watch. There is a small bar area, and both booth and table seating.

The crab cakes are very good, the French fries are quite good and the grouper BLT is spectacular. My sandwich was on a pretzel bun which adds an interesting texture and was very good.

If you're a lima bean lover, they have lima beans as a side. One person at our table said the cole slaw was the best ever.

About the drinking glasses: Mason jars - they do hold a lot but they can be hard to pick up. The iced tea however is very good and refreshing.

I think they are a bit higher priced than some places but the fish is fresh and good. They do not take American Express cards. This is yet another example of a good restaurant in a strip mall. We found it clean and pleasant.

Give it a try!

1  Thank travchef

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This restaurant is located in the old Kazboors in Jonesville. The food is very expensive and it feels like you are in a dirty sports bar. The average entre is about 18$ and they charge an extra 2$ if you are going to share it. The food was average and if I intend to spend that much on my food then I want to atmosphere to match it! I do not recommend this place at all. If you are looking for seafood then head over to northwest grill on 39th and you can at least get some yummy bread and a nice atmosphere. My husband and I both agree this is not worth the drive. I give them 1 year and they will be closed.

2  Thank lynn p
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Good atmosphere, comfortable seating, and good food. I like the pretzel rolls for their sandwiches. I do wish they would toast them first. Just a little thing that would take them from good to great. I don't mind the kitchy canning bottles to drink out of because at least they are real glass not plastic. Service was friendly and attentive. Bottom line they are good not great, but good is a homerun in this area. Definitely will be back and recommend it for Jonesville residents and people driving through the area.

2  Thank NatureLover1970